Machine Operator - Mon-Thurs 3P-1A
Eaton Corporation located in Sumter, SC has an opening for a Fabrication Machine Operator – B Shift (Mon-Thurs 3p-1a.)
The Fabrication Machine Operator will be responsible for providing knowledge and expertise on lines through the effective set up and operation of machinery including but not limited to Brake Press, Franklin, Turret Punch, Tap Machine, Manual Shear, etc. Provide internal and external customers with the required parts necessary to complete customer orders in a timely manner with the utmost of quality.
- You will set up, operate and perform operator periodic maintenance on a variety of machines in the Copper Bus Shop. Individuals will be responsible for running machines such as: Franklin Punch, Boschert, Conventional Turret Punch, Vertical and Horizontal Brakes, Bus Shear, Leveler, Notcher, and Tapper.
- You will exhibit a strong adherence to quality by continually seeking methods of improvement for all functions of the position.
- You will ensure that all products and parts adequately meet Eaton’s quality guidelines as they move throughout the production process. Perform quality checks as instructed.
- You will receive and carry out work assignments from management and internal customers so as to fulfill customer orders in a timely manner. Closely follow established procedures for completing assigned function and perform special assignments and/or projects as assigned.
- You will comply with all safety and industrial hygiene requirements, including proper use of personal protective equipment and operation of equipment in a safe and competent manner. Understand and meet all departmental safety objectives and goals.
- You will keep assigned work-area clean and organized per 5S standards.
- You will work with members of a team to effectively complete work assignment. Receive information from team members regarding customer needs and product requirements and utilize this information to perform one’s function.
- You will exhibit strong analytical and problem solving skills so as to resolve any obstacles or delays that may occur in the production process.
- You will perform Lean Initiatives by recommending suggestions for improvement related to quality, work processes, and environmental safety and health.
- You will perform routine preventative maintenance when required to ensure peak performance of all manufacturing equipment.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- HS diploma or GED from an accredited institution
- Must be authorized to work in the US without Company sponsorship
- Must reside within 50 miles of Sumter SC to be considered. No relocation Benefits provided.
- Machine operator experience or graduate of a machine certificate program.
- Experience reading blueprint, manufacturing diagrams or drawings, or operating instructions.
- Experience with measuring devices (i.e. tape measure and calipers).
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and analytical problem solving skills.
- Ability to work with individuals and groups to effectively participate within team environment.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CDPAD Comml Distrib Prods Assy Div
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No