Assistant Buyer - Purchase
Job Title Assistant Buyer - Purchase#070048
If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team - winning is fun.
In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are - it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals.
The principle role of the this position is to support Electrical Business in US region in the tactical procurement activities. This includes understanding materials purchased, negotiations with suppliers and the ongoing management of supplier relationships. This is a single site role with assignment to remote plant location. This position require the incumbent to work in US shifts.
Your essential responsibilities:
• PO creation and timely PO acknowledgement from suppliers;
• Manage open POs through confirmations for deliveries and updating it in ERP;
• Meeting the SLAs as defined;
• Creating and timely upgrading the SOPs and other related documents;
• Timely resolution of ‘On Hold’ invoices for the various sites;
• Day to day communication with various stakeholders like Site Buyers, Suppliers on the timely actions and resolutions.
• Working Knowledge of ERP;
• Negotiation skills will be added advantage
• Project based support on Procurement events as needed
• Masters with 2-3 years / Bachelors with 3-4 years of experience in SCM processes;
• Knowledge in MS Office;
• Good communication skills to work with onshore teams efficiently;
• Quick turnaround of the request as per business requirement;
• Flexible in attitude and approach in completing all the tasks assigned to the position & willingness to learn new skills as desired;
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
*We make what matters work.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day.
It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential - and where you can help us reach ours. Need more about Eaton? Come on in @ www.eaton.com
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only