Global Category Manager - MRO
Join Eaton and help us provide energy-efficient solutions that have a real impact on the environment. We make what matters work. Find out more on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baa_aiJ4L7E
Do you want to work for a global player, where we care about ethics, inclusion and diversity and our people?
Our supply chain management team creates bottom-line impact by driving cost management and operational benefits. Within our Global Indirect Supply Chain team we have responsibility for $2.4b of Eatons’ spend. As a Global Category Manager you would play a key strategic role in determining the direct and management of your category spend for all regions. Your strategies would ensure an uninterrupted and timely supply at the optimum cost and quality that satisfies stakeholder requirements and company goals that ensures that your category is contributing competitive advantage to Eaton and that you are perceived as trusted advisor to the your business stakeholders. At a high level, this role is responsible for strategy generation, supplier sourcing, negotiations, contracting, strategic supplier performance management and deployment of your global initiatives supported by the regional teams.
As the Global Category Manager , based in our global headquarters in Dublin, you will be responsible of the Supply Chain Procurement Category for the MRO Services category ($245m Spend) for the Eaton Enterprise consisting of some 330 global manufacturing locations spread over North American, EMEA, APAC and Latin America.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
Your key deliverables:
- Initiating, develop and execute strategic objectives to facilitate cross-business synergies and increased leverage across a rationalized set of global and regional preferred supplier partners
- Negotiating and managing key strategic supplier contracts and relationships working with the regional and shared service centre (SSC) teams, you will lead the supplier market analysis and ensure supplier qualification for RFQ’s, establishing and lead regional cross-functional and cross-business supplier selection teams. You will lead supplier selection process and supplier negotiation to achieve the most competitive proposal in terms of pricing, service level, quality standard, process delivery for world class solutions
- You will develop and finalize supply agreement and service level agreements in accordance with business, financial, legal and regulatory requirements
- Reviewing, approving, monitoring and reporting compliance to category agreements and strategies based upon Eaton SCM strategic directions
- You will engage the Suppliers Base within assigned category to develop and drive innovative business solutions, leading to Continuous improvement or Added Value differentiators in our internal processes or service delivery,
- Manage forecasts and category projections, and provides mitigation actions as applicable
- Presenting to senior management methods, technical analysis, standards and procurement opportunities that are aligned with SCM/Eaton strategic plans and cost reduction initiatives
- Benchmarking procurement processes to develop and implement best practices throughout Eaton and Supply Chain Management
- Creating alignment between corporate and business unit strategic and financial plans for the Category
- Ensuring compliance of suppliers with Eaton SCM Policies and Programs
- You will manage EATON Strategic supplier’s relationship for assigned category and create long term supplier relationships to ensure deployment programs within cost, time, & quality requirements
- You will build performance-based supplier relationship leading to continuous and sustainable cost reductions, quality improvements, process improvements and on time delivery performance
- You will lead and conduct strategic supplier performance reviews on agreed KPI’s and develop continuous improvement initiative and actions
- You will lead the Cost Out and Saving performance for assigned category across the globe, identifying initiatives for the regions and as required directly managing Cost Out projects to fully maximize benefits for Eaton
- Build and maintain internal relationship with key stakeholders at all levels to clearly understand and influence requirements for assigned category
- Planning, preparing and executing annual profit plan budgeting/planning for the owned spend for the Category, and supports execution with the business cross functional teams
- Conducting other category manager related activities requested by Manager to support the business needs from time to time
Do you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Business Administration or Mechanical, Industrial or Production Engineering from an accredited institution.
- Professional Supply Chain related certification (e.g. ISM, APICS, CPM, CPIM)
- At least 5 years of supply chain experience at a Senior level with excellent SCM sourcing and supplier management process and deployment knowledge
- Experience in identifying and understanding current trends in supply chain management specific to indirect materials
- Excellent communication, presentation, customer service and interpersonal skills necessary to influence a large and diverse group of stakeholders including Senior Management, Operations, Finance and Supply Chain Management personnel
- Demonstrated ability in strategic process creation and implementation, knowledge and experience in successfully deploying category strategies and driving cost-out
- Demonstrated problem solving skills and ability to manage multiple tasks globally
- Ability to lead cross-functional / regional teams in the development, implementation, and achievement of business results for cross-functional business initiatives and category strategies
- Establishes high performance standards and holds self and others to them
- Managerial courage and willingness to challenge the ‘status quo’ as appropriate
- Strong data analytical skills
- Strong negotiation skills, knowledge, and experience with global suppliers, including expertise in negotiating/interpreting legal terms and conditions
- Ability to provide timely, complete and actionable feedback, whether positive or corrective
- MBA or Master’s degree in Supply Chain from an accredited institution
- 2+ years’ corporate supply chain experience with accountability across multiple manufacturing/assembly plant environments
- 2+ years’ negotiating experience for a Fortune 1000 industrial company in a global environment
- Prior deep knowledge of the various MRO Categories is highly desirable
Then we want to hear about you!
What Eaton offers:
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law. We offer:
· Competitive compensation and benefits package
· Full time permanent contract in a growing global company
· Challenging projects in dynamic collaborative team
· Inclusion & Diversity - Openness to diversity widens our access to the best talent. Inclusion allows us to engage that talent fully
· Wellness - Wellness at Eaton is more than a program, it’s about changing the environment by offering the right tools to help empower employees to make that happen
Candidate applying to the vacancy will be subject of the background screening.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time