Would you like to make a difference to the environment? Do you want to work for a global and ethical company? Join us and help us provide energy-efficient solutions that make a real impact. We make what matters work. To find out more about us check: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baa_aiJ4L7E
As Order Manager, you will be managing the order process of obtained Engineered to Order assignments in line with applicable procedures and guidelines so that timely delivery can take place in accordance with order and customer expectations. The Order Management department manages ATO (Assemble to Order) and ETO (Engineering to Order) orders from the EMEA Country Sales Organizations for the ESS Business Unit products. The ESS Business Unit is based in Hengelo, the Country Sales Organizations are spread around the EMEA region in several countries. The Order manager supervises multiple ETO orders simultaneously (2-10) in different stages of execution, lead time per order varies from 12 weeks to 1 year and financial order size varies around € 250.000 and up to €3.0 million per order. You will work within the Order Management Team and will report to the Manager Order Management.
Your main duties:
- Receiving and assessing sales orders for feasibility both technical and related to costs and delivery time, commercial & payment conditions and degree of standardization.
- Discussing and negotiating problems and/or deviations and solutions with Country Sales Organizations or direct customer contact in accordance with the applicable authorization frameworks.
- Accepting orders and determining the qualification of a sales order for the internal organization
- Analysing substantive order data and specifications and determining required man-hours and materials based on experience data, calculations and/or with support of Engineering department.
- Translating order data into technical documentation for the Production, determining process steps to be outsourced in consultation with Procurement department
- Supporting and/or providing training to licensees
- Preparation and compilation of order planning and kick-off reports, technical documentations, collaboration with colleagues and involvement of third parties.
- Putting together a multidisciplinary project team (Assembly, Logistics, Engineering, Planning) with support of Leadership at the location.
- Monitoring progress and interconnection in operational implementation of sub-processes, whether or not running parallel to each other, corrective action if needed.
- Handling changes (resulting in less/extra work) during the operational execution process with support of a calculation tool (Bid Manager), and/or based on commercial technical possibilities in consultation with the relevant Sales Country Organization.
- Organizing and supervising customer visits (FAT – factory acceptance test and SAT – site acceptance test).
- Prepares and organizes site activites in consultation with Field Service.
- Bachelors Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- 3-5 years of work experience in electrical engineering sales, marketing/product marketing or technical support role.
- Technical knowledge of Low and Medium Voltage systems.
- Strong project-management, commercial & negotiations skills.
- Strong organizational, presentation, communication and time management skills, results driven.
- Ability to work within an international, culturally diverse and matrix based organisation.
- Advanced IT skills
- Capable of working independently as well as within a team.
- Strong language capability Dutch and English.
- Eaton leadership competences being passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent, ethical and a learner.
- Excellent written & oral communications skills
- Good interpersonal skill
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation and benefits package.
- Permanent contract in fast growing global company.
- Challenging projects in dynamic collaborative team.
- Great promotional opportunities – We encourageinternal promotion, whenever possible.
- Excellent working environment – safety and ethic are really important for us.
- Culture& Values – We are more than the products we invent and produce– the way we do business is just as important. At Eaton, our values and culture define who we are – both individually and as an organization – and direct our activities every day.
- Inclusion& Diversity - Openness to diversity widens our access to the best talent. Inclusion allows us to engage that talent fully.
- Learning& Development - We invest in our employees for the long term – not just with salary and benefits, but with ongoing learning and development opportunities made available through Eaton University.
- Wellness - Wellness at Eaton is more than a program, it’s about changing the environment by offering the right tools to help empower employees to make that happen
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: ES EMEA Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time