Commercial & Industrial Sales Support Representative
Eaton’s North American Sales Division is currently seeking a Commercial & Industrial Sales Support Representative to join our team. This position is based at our Waukesha, WI facility.
The Commercial & Industrial Sales Support Representative is responsible for working cooperatively with outside sales, sales management and internal/external customers to deliver exceptional customer and sales support with the goal to growing Eaton’s customer base in the utility segment. In this role, you will meet or exceeding sales quotas at the appropriate gross margin while increasing customer satisfaction.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will support sales regions to meet monthly, quarterly and annual sales goals established by the business
- You will provide product and technical information to outsides sales to support generation of sales into the utility segment.
- You will establish and maintain the highest possible commercial relations with present and potential customers (internal and external) by effectively employing the highest level of skills about the knowledge of customers business and organization and knowledge of Eaton product lines and strategic plans.
- You will coordinate with marketing and sales to provide documentation for customers to look at product information and solutions.
- You will respond to field sales and customer channel inquiries including price, lead time, selling policy and do so in a manner consistent with established division profit, sales, and customer satisfaction objectives.
- You will provide solutions and alternatives to customers to meet their shipment needs.
- You will accurately process customer quotes and coordinate renewal of quotes as required and follow-up on orders and quotations providing information and updates to customers and sales engineers.
- You will pro-actively contact customers following quotes and sales to ensure ongoing customer satisfaction and resolve any complaint or objections.
- You will facilitate timely solutions to customer issues by utilizing available resources or creating procedures for resolution.
- You will increase sales and average order size by means of cross-selling, up-selling, add-on sales and offering promotional sale items.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution required
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within 50 miles of Waukesha, WI will be considered
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship now or in the future.
- Work experience with SAP
- Work experience with technical products
- Work experience in a customer support role for technical products
- Work experience with electrical products
- Commercial experience, specifically working with sales and/or marketing
- Ability to train others and work in a team-oriented environment
- Strong communication skills and interpersonal skills to support internal and external contacts within a multi-cultured environment
- Demonstrated experience working with MS Office software package
- Analytical skills and detail-orientation
- Ability to prioritize and execute multiple tasks in an efficient manner, and work on multiple projects simultaneously and independently
- Ability to work on time sensitive projects, meet critical deadlines, and deliver commitments in a calm and organized manner
- Customer service skills and aptitude.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: MCO Marketing Commercial Operations
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time