Learning and Development Manager
Eaton Corporation’s North America Electrical Sales Division, located in Pittsburgh, PA has an immediate opening for a Learning and Development Manager. This position can be remote based.
The Learning & Development Manager will be responsible for leading the instructor led department of the Marketing and Commercial Operations Learning and Development Center of Excellence. The Learning and Development manager will be responsible for managing all instructor led training programs and personnel which includes both product training and functional sales training. This position will have an active role in Eaton’s continued growth through teaching the fundamental elements of our sales cycle and integrating the sales process into instructor-led training programs for the sales, support and distributor organizations. Manages a staff that supports two product groups by providing product, process and sales training to employees and channel partners in an effort to increase sales and provide significant competitive advantage in the marketplace.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you.
You will provide leadership and development to Instructor-led product training team (approx 4 direct reports) in addition to providing primary support of all functional sales training programs.
You will facilitate and manage instructor-led training programs managed by training team (segment/product training, Power Sales Academy, etc.)
You will synchronize training efforts with all Instructor-led trainers to ensure integration of the sales process and entire electrical product offering in all segments to drive overall MCO/NAS training program alignment.
You will exhibit in depth knowledge of electrical group market segments, distribution and control systems, channel partners, training methodology and sales process.
You will develop and deliver Tier 3 and Tier 4 level product training via various methods including ILT, vILT and webinars to address knowledge and skill gaps in NAS.
You will develop and motivate direct reports through goal setting, development plans, performance reviews and ongoing monitoring of performance.
You will coach team to include interactive methodology in all instructor-led courses to achieve high quality outcome-based learning and skill practice that meets learning objectives to sell and support electrical products and services.
You will work closely with all Electrical Sector Product Lines, NAS leadership, Field Sales, IT Learning Management, EatonCare, Channel Marketing, Corporate Marketing, and Eaton University teams to consolidate sales training projects, identify areas for improvement, and align training with strategic objectives and initiatives.
You will ensure sales and product training is effective, aligned with MCO & NAS goals and is executed within a predetermined budget.
You will utilize the Eaton Business System and incorporate within processes and training offering.
You will provide regular program updates to management. Achieve program metric goals, compile data and reports, track program costs and actively seek cost saving and productivity improvement opportunities.
You will manage all operational vendor relationships that partner with instructor led training programs and work with various external vendors to develop new curriculum when needed.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Must Have Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, education, engineering, or related field
- Minimum five (5) years sales or support management experience with electrical products
- 3+ years of training experience required.
- Dynamic oral and written communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship management skills with the proven ability to establish rapport at all levels of an organization.
- Excellent organizational skills with strong time-management and multi-tasking abilities.
- Successful project management skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency in creative problem solving, conflict resolution and managing priorities.
- Leadership skills.
- In depth knowledge of sales process, cycles, field sales practices, and procedures.
- In depth knowledge of at least two ES product segments, as well as an overall awareness and understanding of all of the products and solutions that Eaton offers.
- Demonstrated application of adult learning and training through Accelerated Learning or other creative instructional techniques to reinforce the knowledge and skills necessary to sell and support electrical products.
- Proficient in course development and learning management system tools related to technical writing, instructional design and content development.
- High energy self starter; must be able to take initiative with minimal guidance and be comfortable working both as an individual and as part of a team to develop and deliver a project plan, prioritize multiple tasks, delegate and meet deadlines.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: MCO Marketing Commercial Operations
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time