Senior Demand Analyst
Eaton’s Aerospace Group is currently seeking a Senior Demand Analyst to join our team.
This position is based at our Jackson, MI facility.
The overall purpose of this position is to facilitate the optimization of demand flow from customer order to supply base. The Demand Analyst will develop, deploy and be responsible for the business planning process that enables Customer Service, Program Management and Sales & Marketing teams to develop demand forecasts, and input to planning processes, production, inventory planning, and profit planning.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will analyze customer portal data signals and ensure they are appropriately executed in MRP.
- You will balance current and future demand requirements with manufacturing and supplier capabilities/capacities to ensure completion of customer requirements
- You will build coordinated demand forecasts to better meet customer requirements, inventory and financial forecasts
- You will support the coordination of market intelligence, customer forecasts and demand inputs from Customer Service, Sales & Marketing, New Product and Program management teams
- You will support the monthly process to reconcile demand, supply and new product plans
- You will support and define demand plan at item level for a rolling 18 month time period
- You will compare actual intake and backlog to forecast to derive a monthly forecast accuracy measure
- You will provide process oversight and problem resolution regarding EDI and EMT demand signals
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution required
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in supply chain, demand planning, customer service, business analytics, or materials planning.
- No relocation benefit is being offered. Candidates must reside within a 50 mile radius of Jackson, MI to be considered.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship on a continual and on-going basis
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee
- Bachelor’s degree in a Technical Discipline from an accredited institution
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite, specifically Excel
- Previous experience with a large scale MRP system (preferably MFG-Pro)
- APICS Certification
Position Success Criteria:
- Inventory and production planning knowledge
- Customer Service experience
- Strong analytical abilities
- Experience using ERP statistical software packages
- Knowledge of demand management/forecasting tools, forecasting processes in sales, marketing operations, finance, manufacturing and supply chain issues
- Good communication and team building skills
- Attention to detail
- MRP functionality expertise
- Knowledge of key inventory performance metrics, turns, margin contributions, etc.
- Ability to lead cross-functionally.
- Ability to collaborate and influence result.
- Strong computer and data skills (i.e. Excel, Access database mgmt.)
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FED Fluid Electrical Distribution
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time