Join Eaton’s Information Technology team and help positively impact our business through leading technologies, exciting and challenging enterprise projects and new platforms. We are currently seeking a Senior Cyber Security Vulnerability Architect to join our Architecture, Governance, Security Center of Excellence (AGSCOE) team. No relocation is being offered for this position. The candidate will be based at any Eaton facility in the US. If the candidate resides within 50 miles of Beachwood, Ohio, the candidate must work at that site. If the candidate resides more than 50 miles away from Beachwood, Ohio, the candidate will work from a remote Eaton facility or an approved home office.
The Senior Cyber Security Vulnerability Architect will design, build, deliver, and maintain technology, platform, and systems solutions to address business and technical requirements, leveraging standard principles and patterns. This role is focused on discovering, analyzing, and communicating vulnerabilities, spanning endpoints, applications, and infrastructure.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours. In this role:
- You will design, build, and deliver vulnerability management technologies and systems to ensure that vulnerabilities are consistently and accurately identified
- You will design and implement processes, standards, and governance of vulnerability discovery and disclosure, including coverage metrics and remediation effectiveness
- You will provide subject matter expertise and leadership of vulnerability assessment, system analysis, and secure engineering, contributing to integrated design, development, and implementation
- You will evaluate industry technologies to shape design of services in consideration of cost, portability, compatibility, or usability factors
- You will identify and make appropriate changes to technologies, integrated platforms, and systems to meet customer and operational requirements, including discussions of counter-measures or compensating controls
- You will monitor and track utility of vulnerability management tools to ensure required performance, availability, and capacity
- You will continuously seek to more efficiently manage and utilize technology, platforms, and systems
- You will highlight design risks, provide alternative options, and recommend quality solution to specified problem
embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us
unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Associate’s degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum 7 years’ IT experience
- Candidate must be authorized to work in the US on a continuous basis without company sponsorship
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Technical knowledge:
- Web application and system architecture
- Network topology and scanning
- Scripting languages (e.g. Perl, python, PowerShell)
- Agile development methodologies and DevSecOps principles
- Soft skills: Excellent proficiency with the English language (written and verbal). Strong analytical, investigative, and problem-solving skills. Ability to influence
- Specialized skills: Experience collecting, analyzing, and creating visualizations of data
- Bachelor’s degree
- 10 years of IT experience
- Experience with secure development practices (e.g. OWASP)
- Experience with web development
- Familiarity with the software development lifecycle
- Architecture: Redhat Linux and Windows Server 2008+
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Information Technology
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time