Lead Engineer - Polymer
Job Title: Lead Engineer - Polymer #069950
If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team - winning is fun.
We are looking forward to a Lead Engineer - Polymer, in Corporate Research Technology team, based in Pune, India.
In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are - it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals.
This exciting role is part of Eaton India Innovation Center (EIIC) within Corporate Research Technology team.
Your essential responsibilities:
Serves as a technical lead and/or project lead in technology realization programs/projects utilizing our internal project execution processes, including Gate Reviews, Design Reviews, and Technical Reviews.
Technical leads, as a subject matter expert, is responsible for the execution of milestones that are critical to the project. The technical lead coordinates activities with other engineering resources on the team to ensure the timely completion of the project milestones.
Project lead are the single point of contact for the entire project. Responsible for creating, executing and tracking all the milestones for the entire project. Assigns roles and responsibilities for the project team members.
- Participates in brainstorming sessions contributing to the technology strategy for their department
- Contributes to the value proposition development for technical projects and programs
- Contributes to government proposal preparation and/or assist with project execution.
- Supports building business relationships by presenting ideas and projects, participating in ideation events and acquiring resources and funding needed
- Participates in internal open innovation events with businesses & other research groups
- Develops as a subject matter expert through active participation in conferences, seminars and/or consortium meetings in relevant industry to network and stay current on topics in their field
- Actively contributes to IP generation through authoring or co-authoring disclosures and patents
- Gets trained on internal systems & processes and implements them towards projects
If you are:
- PhD in Material Science, Polymer Science, Polymer Engineering, Chemical Engineering
4-6 Years of experience in polymer composite/nanocomposite development, processing and characterization
Sound knowledge & understanding of polymer chemistry & processing is required.
Understanding of interfacial chemistry, structure/property relationship and the morphology of base polymers & composite systems.
Knowledge and hands on experience related to the processing of multifunctional systems including synthesis and compounding of polymer nanocomposites, ceramics, through both in-situ and ex-situ processes is desired.
Hands on experience with extrusion, injection molding, compression molding, and Additive Manufacturing is desired.
Good understanding & applicability of various classes of polymers, thermoplastics, elastomers, thermosets.
Knowledge and hands-on experience in the use of analytical instrumentation to characterize the chemistry, morphology, and mechanical, electrical, and thermal behavior of multi-material systems in particular for nano-scale composites and their constituent material interfaces.
SEM/EDS (scanning electron microscopy/energy dispersive
TGA – thermo-gravimetric analysis
DMA – dynamic mechanical analysis
Electrical and thermal conductivity
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: INNOV Innovation Center
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time