RF Engineer, eMobility
Eaton’s eMobility division is currently seeking a Radio Frequency Engineer to join our Mobile Wireless team. This position will be based at our Port Coquitlam, BC facility.
Mobile Wireless is part of eMobility, a new strategically important segment of Eaton. If you are seeking a fast-paced, innovative career offering development opportunities in an entrepreneurial and growing business, then this position is for you. This position will play a critical role in developing the future direction of Eaton’s wireless technologies.
We make what matters work. Every day we work to improve people’s lives and the environment by making power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. The future of transportation is electrified, and Eaton’s eMobility segment delivers a wide range of solutions for on- and off-road electrified vehicles and help reduce the environmental impact of transportation around the world. Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
The Lead RF Design Engineer will be responsible for developing a range of new Wireless products. This new suite of products will extend Eaton’s already successful wireless solutions and bring an unmatched level of industrial enterprise connectivity.
- You will design and develop parts of a complex and comprehensive product
- You will produce market competitive, manufacturable product designs on time and on budget by demonstrating a balance between innovation and risk
- You will develop an in-depth understanding of our current products and provide ideas for product improvements
- You will be a key member of the project team and participate in design reviews
- You will learn the current radio portfolio and provide support to the existing product lines
- You will perform other related tasks and projects as required
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Eaton has in place accessibility policies for accommodating employees with disabilities. If you are selected for an interview and require accommodations, please let the recruiter or hiring manager know so that we can work to make reasonable adjustments that best suit your needs. Accessibility information may be found at: http://www.eatoncanada.ca/EatonCA/OurCompany/Accessibility/index.htm”
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering or electronics engineering from an accredited institution
- 5 years of RF engineering related experience
- No relocation is being offered for this role. All candidates considered must live within 50 miles of the following Eaton locations: Port Coquitlam, BC
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in Canada without company sponsorship, now or in the future
- Graduate degree preferred, RF engineering focus
Position Success Criteria:
- EM theory and S-parameters theory, and S parameters measurement for one-port, two-port circuits using VSA, amplifier design based on S-parameters
- Skilled in the use of software for RF simulation and PCB design software
- Design experience for matching circuits, frequency demodulators, frequency modulators, PLL circuits, AGC, ALC and AFC loops
- Good understanding of digital modulation, FSK, GFSK, OFDM, DSSS, FHSS
- Expertise in using RF instruments, Signal generators, Power Meters, Spectrum Analyzer, VSAs, VNA
- Familiar with receiver and transmitter characteristics and how to measure them
- Familiar with physical layer for Bluetooth and Wi-Fi
- Familiar with regulatory / approval requirements for wireless devices (FCC and CE)
- Familiar with conducted and radiated measurements
- Familiar with antenna parameters and RF propagation
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – Canada
Organization: VEH EMB eMobility
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time