Controls Applications Designer
Eaton’s Lighting Division division is currently seeking a Controls Applications Designer to join our team. This position is based at our Peachtree City, GA facility.
The Controls Applications Designer supports the quotations, field services, and sales team and is responsible for the planning, creation, and delivery of device layouts, bill of materials, and project submittal packages along with any other supporting documentation in regard to lighting control systems. In this role, you will apply the appropriate technical knowledge, skillset, tools, and techniques required to communicate and document the correct type, quantity and installation location of wired and wireless lighting control systems.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You review electrical job specifications to provide a customized lighting control solution based on reflected ceiling plans, riser drawings, fixture schedules, panel schedules, and power plans
- You will generate project specific device placement drawings based on project control/design intent
- You will generate custom wiring diagrams and lighting controls systems submittal packages using computer aided design software
- You will coordinate receipt of all information and documentation for the preparation, completion, and data retention of the project
- You will coordinate transmittal of plans, drawings, O&M’s and other documents between internal and external customers
- You will follow up on outstanding projects
- You will maintain project deadlines
- You will develop a communication line with quotations, field services, product managers, technical support, agents, engineers, and inside sales teams.
- You will understand user intent for wired and wireless lighting control systems
- You will research and design according to NEC standards.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Associate’s Degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 2 years of customer support experience
- Relocation assistance is not available for this position. Only candidates currently located within a 50 mile radius of Peachtree City, GA will be considered.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution
- Lighting control systems experience
- Proficient with AutoCAD and Bluebeam (or other similar design software)
- Experience reading electrical design drawings
- Strong knowledge of electrical installation
- Strong PC skills, including Windows and Microsoft Office
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively interact with customers via the phone, e-mail and other written and verbal communication mediums
Strong work ethic, flexibility, and a desire to actively contribute to the group’s success
Ability to multi-task and prioritize work load efficiently
Strong technical aptitude and learning agile
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG LD Lighting Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No