Intern, Sales (8 months)
Eaton’s Mississauga facility has an immediate opening for a Project Sales Support Intern position.
The Project Sales Support Intern is responsible for supporting sales activities in the electrical sector of Ontario. Responsibilities include: accurate specification interpretation, quotation and technical support, timely communication with end customers and distributor partners. Pro-active identification of sales potential and follow-up to secure orders. The Project Sales Support Intern will utilize a combination of customer and distributor support techniques to achieve orders and sales objectives for electrical solutions to contractors.
• Provide technical support on electrical products, assemblies and services to distributors and customers including application and pricing assistance.
• Build relationships with distributors and customers to enhance long-term business prospects.
• Prepare sales quotations based on customer requirements and expectations. Use all pricing tools to complete and issue timely professional quotations.
• Create and implement strategy to maximize success in winning project tenders through sales, distributor, consultants, general contractors and end-users.
• Understand various market segment needs to assist project construction sales personnel in developing value propositions. Market segments include, but are not limited to institutional, data centres, commercial construction, water/wastewater, industrial and residential.
• Work as a part of the project sales team to drive best practices, processes and systems, which improve efficiency and effectiveness.
• Drive a customer-focused culture.
• Must be enrolled full-time in a university or college program pursuing a degree or diploma in Electrical, Engineering. Focus on power systems and power electronics.
• Must be legally authorized to work in Canada without company sponsorship.
• No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates residing within 80 kilometres of Mississauga, ON, Canada facility will be considered.
• Excellent PC skills including MS Office.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong customer service and listening skills.
• Proactive in assisting the team as needed.
• Adept at multi-tasking and prioritizing workload.
Eaton has in place accessibility policies for accommodating employees with disabilities. If you are selected for an interview and require accommodations, please let the recruiter or hiring manager know so that we can work to make reasonable adjustments that best suit your needs.
Accessibility information may be found at:
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – Canada
Organization: ESSG CA Canada
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No