Manager, Financial Planning and Analysis
Eaton Corporation has an opening for a Financial Planning & Analysis Manager for the Hydraulics Americas region, headquartered in Eden Prairie, Minnesota.
The FP&A Manager works collaboratively with finance, accounting, and business resources throughout the region. This finance leader will lead and execute the processes necessary to plan, record, analyze, and report on the financial conditions of the Americas Region, with annual sales of $1.3B, including coordinating and consolidating the reporting of the divisions and functions, in North and South America.
The FP&A Manager supports the business in decision-making processes, by providing forward-looking analysis and insight to the Americas leadership team and ensuring alignment of planned actions and targets in the financial forecast. As a key member of the finance leadership team, the FP&A Manager will seek out areas for process improvement in the financial function and work with Division/Plant Controllers to deliver training and implement change throughout the region. This role offers a broad geographic and business scope and visibility for a high-potential leader seeking their next challenge to fuel learning and professional growth. The ideal candidate is an energetic critical thinker, highly analytical, skilled in driving process improvements, who demonstrates the drive, business acumen, and people capability to deliver results.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Lead annual financial planning processes for the region:
- Support the regional controller and regional president in the development of annual profit plan targets for the business. Create and maintain the top-down financial plan.
- Coordinate plans, objectives, and commitments within finance and cross-functional teams (e.g. supply chain, sales, pricing, HR).
- Manage the support cost budgeting process, regional sales rebates planning, and balance sheet planning for the regional headquarters organization.
- Support the development of the long-range financials for the annual Strategic Plan.
- Responsible for coordinating the monthly close reporting and forecasting processes for the region:
- Lead the regional forecasting process by issuing forecast guidance to divisions, consolidating and presenting preliminary forecasts, and coordinating the region’s forecast to ensure financial objectives are achieved
- Collaborate with regional SIOP, SCM, Operations, and Commercial Finance teams to manage forecast inputs and anticipate future changes that require proactive forecast action to achieve financial targets
- Manage the consolidation and preparation of weekly updates provided by divisions. Recommend and initiate corrective actions as needed to achieve forecasts.
- Analyze operational and financial data, investigate variances, identify business drivers, and evaluate their impact on planned objectives.
- Deliver timely completion of close and forecasts cycles.
- Ensure accuracy and integrity of financial data and other operational metrics representing Americas’ forecasts and actual results (beyond pure financials, including cost out reporting, cost inflation, pricing, headcount, growth, and other balanced scorecard metrics).
- Deliver internal / management reporting and ad hoc analysis:
- Coordinate the preparation of monthly operating reviews to the Americas Leadership Team and Hydraulics Group Leadership Team.
- Prepare meaningful variance analysis commentary for management and publish accurate and timely financial reporting packages.
- Identify business and financial risks and opportunities to drive management action.
- Organize and deliver appropriate management reports to regional leadership.
- Interpret, coordinate, and respond to ad hoc financial requests from Hydraulics Group, Eaton Corporation, and the Industrial Sector.
- Owner of 4 Americas Region HQ ledgers totaling $150M of non-allocated expense. Ledgers include support costs, regional warranty, regional sales rebates, regional FAS151, and US accounts receivable.
- Support functional leaders in achieving objectives relating to regional support costs, warranty, rebates, and accounts receivable, while driving continuous improvement and maintaining above average financial controls in these areas.
- Coordinate regional capital spend forecasting and planning. Review capital investment requests for financial returns; analyze and report monthly spend
- Prepare, analyze, and present various investment initiatives, as needed.
- Work in a team environment to drive improvement in financial processes through tools/systems, automation, and standardization.
- Lead and coach 2 direct reports (Lead Financial Analyst and FLDP Financial Analyst) to be future finance leaders. Manage hiring, training, and development of direct reports. Establish a work environment that encourages career development and growth in order to provide adequate and qualified financial professionals opportunity for advancement within the corporation. Structure and establish goals and objectives for the team, which align to regional goals as well as finance functional goals.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we- as individuals and as a company – are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting from an accredited institution
- Minimum five (5) years of progressive accounting and/or financial experience
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- MBA or master’s degree in Finance or Accounting from an accredited institute
- Manager of people experience
- Experience within a manufacturing organization
- Prior plant controller experience
- Prior FP&A experience
Position Success Criteria:
- Ability to prepare, analyze and interpret financial and operations analysis/reports.
- In-depth knowledge of cost accounting in a manufacturing environment, plant experience preferred.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of accounting principles and concepts.
- International experience across financial disciplines, i.e., foreign currency reporting translation impacts, tax strategies, transfer pricing, currency hedging, statutory reporting, legal entity implications, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to improve processes and eliminate waste; Six Sigma or Lean experience desired.
- Systems skills/experience desired: Oracle Financials, MfgPro, ENCORE/DFT (Longview Khalix).
- Intermediate to expert level proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
Eaton is a power management company with 2015 sales of $20.9 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 97,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com. At Eaton, we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently—if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you—then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information, visit www.eaton.com/careers. Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: HYD Hydraulics Group
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time