Eaton is currently seeking a Field Service Representative to join our team! This position is based at our Kitchener, ON facility.
The primary purpose of this position is to provide field service, engineering and technical assistance to customers in areas of installation, startup, maintenance, repair, training and modification on power transmission, distribution and generation equipment and systems.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will provide field service engineering, technical assistance and scheduling support to customers in areas of installation, testing, start-up, maintenance, repair, training and modification of electrical power distribution equipment;
- You will be responsible to self-manage assigned projects for electrical equipment; knowledge of electrical test and diagnostic equipment.
- You will deliver technical solutions to customers.
- You will mentor less experienced technicians.
- You will perform all job functions with adherence to Eaton’s Philosophy and Values, as well as Safety and Environmental standards.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Eaton has in place accessibility policies for accommodating employees with disabilities. If you are selected for an interview and require accommodations, please let the recruiter or hiring manager know so that we can work to make reasonable adjustments that best suit your needs. Accessibility information may be found at: http://www.eatoncanada.ca/EatonCA/OurCompany/Accessibility/index.htm
- Diploma (Electrical Engineering Technology) or two-year Technical degree (Electrical) from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 3 years of experience evaluating and servicing electrical distribution or control systems.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within a 80 kilometer radius of the Kitchener, ON facility will be considered.
- Must be authorized to work in Canada without company sponsorship.
- Electrician (309A) qualifications would be considered an asset.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical aptitude and complex problem solving skills.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft office applications.
- Effective time management, prioritization and project management skills.
- Knowledge and practice of safety precautions related to working with electrical and electronic equipment.
- Understanding of the company’s and competitor’s electrical, electronic and mechanical products.
- Demonstrated ability to provide service and represent company interests in developing customer relationships to assure long-term customer satisfaction.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – Canada
Organization: ESSG CA Canada
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time