Manufacturing Operations Manager
Eaton’s Aerospace division is currently seeking a Manufacturing Operations Manager to join our team. This position is responsible for overall management of manufacturing operations in Euclid, Ohio.
This will have overall responsibility for leading manufacturing team in achieving production schedule, product quality, product cost, and employee safety goals aligned with Hi-Five Metrics. Coordinates with all functional and service groups to meet customer requirements. Drives performance and deploys continuous improvement framework (CIF) to achieve or exceed financial plans, employee engagement and strategic goals. Leverages resources and motivates personnel to create high performance culture.
- Manages and directs all manufacturing activities to ensure completion of customer requirements.
- Assesses performance indicators and take appropriate actions to ensure schedule, cost and quality goals are met.
- Assesses performance indicators and takes appropriate actions to ensure schedule, cost and quality goals are met.
- Ensures required documentation and/or system transactions are executed to meet customer, manufacturing system, and financial reporting requirements.
- Assures policies, procedures, and other documentation are followed to ensure consistent and compliant manufactured product.
- Provides leadership and commitment in support of continuous improvements in quality, productivity and delivery performance through the deployment of continuous improvement framework.
- Supports product design organization through new product introduction phase to ensure customer manufacturing delivery times are met.
- Assures that Environmental, Health, and Safety issues are addressed considering local regulations, Eaton policy, and good corporate citizenship.
- Evaluates operational performance of the group in order to facilitate performance management, merit promotions, job transfers, etc.
- Develops budgets and resource plans, and monitors performance, to achieve product delivery and cost requirements.
- Coordinates and assists with plant initiatives, participating on teams in order to drive best practices across enterprise.
- Coordinates with Human Resources to deal with labor relations issues as they arise within production.
- Achieve labor productivity, reduction of overtime and lead cost reduction efforts to drive factory cost take out.
- Champion implementation of MESH to achieve improvement in year over year safety performance measures.
- Bachelor’s degree required in business or related field.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience of managing an organization in a manufacturing environment.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing and Process Variation Reduction (Six Sigma) concepts
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Leadership, coaching and influence management skills
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office products
- Understanding of manufacturing technologies and processes
- Knowledge of materials planning systems (MRP/ERP) requirements and order generation process logic is preferred
- Understanding of Supply Chain Management operational concepts (production planning, scheduling, purchasing, supplier selection, inventory control, logistics, stockroom operations, and shipping/receiving)
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – Canada
Organization: AER FMC Fuel Motion Control Systems
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time