Continuous Improvement Manager
Eaton’s Hydraulics division has an opening for a Continuous Improvement Manager. This position will be based out of our Shawnee, Oklahoma plant.
Continuous Improvement Manager is responsible for improving organizational
effectiveness through the coordination and deployment of the Eaton Business
System to ensure the business meets safety, growth, productivity, and quality
objectives. Specific responsibilities will be Quality Management System
(ISO9001) support, Eaton Lean System deployment, 8D corrective action, Six
Sigma Program Management, Continuous Improvement Foundation and to lead the
plant’s effort to further mature in the Eaton Business Excellence criteria.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will develop a strategic plan for the plant to drive a learning culture and implement lean tools and processes, including gap analysis to current state.
- You will lead Lean Internal Audits, Develop implementation plans with Business Team and Operational Leaders post audit (Tactical Plans).
- You will plan and deploy training to support the plant’s goals and objectives in lean manufacturing and to develop the depth of lean skills for the tool champions.
- You will train Kaizen team leaders to facilitate events. Coordinates and drives a structured closure process on follow-up activities.
- You will support sharing of best practices as result of internal and external benchmarking activities.
- You will manage the Six Sigma program for the plant and mentors six sigma project champions.
- You will lead and/or facilitate top-down & bottom-up continuous improvement activities.
- Implement systems and processes that deliver improvement toward 100% conformance to customer requirements.
- You will drive rigorous metrics related to the BSC to evaluate performance and drive reduction in variability/defects in critical business processes.
- You will utilize Lean and Six Sigma tools to eliminate waste while driving safety, customer satisfaction, cost reduction, and improved working capital performance.
- You will work through site leadership to lead the site continuous improvement team, and corporate Lean initiatives and reporting.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Bachelors Degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum 2 years of Continuous Improvement experience in a manufacturing or operations environment
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship on a permanent basis
- Experience leading Lean and/or Six Sigma process improvement projects with demonstrated results
- Champion of Eaton Business Systems
- Master’s Degree (MBA)
- 3 years of Continuous Improvement experience in a manufacturing or operations environment
- Sig Sigma black belt
- Experience in a leadership role within a plant environment
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Operational Excellence
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: HYD PMC Power Motion Control
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time