Human Resources Generalist
Eaton’s Electrical Systems & Services Group, Power Systems Division (PSD) has an opening for a Human Resource Generalist. This position is located in Waukesha, WI at Lincoln Ave.
Supporting the site HR Manager, the Human Resources Generalist will provide HR support to a 160 person manufacturing plant consisting of salaried and hourly employees across various organizational functions. Responsibilities will include but not be limited to daily responsibilities requiring expertise in the areas of Recruitment, Employee Relations, Performance and Talent Management, and Coaching. This role will have visibility and interaction with the PSD Division Leadership Team
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will provide counsel and support to resolve interpersonal conflicts and employee relations issues.
- You will oversee FMLA, Disability and Worker’s Compensation benefits to maintain fair and consistent application across the plant. Works to resolve issues that may arise for own customer group.
- You will coordinate various Plant Engagement, Recognition and Wellness Programs and Events.
- You will assit in planning, developing and administering a site-wide robust Training program.
- You will build relationships with client groups that work to enhance overall communications at facility.
- You will lead the annual community involvement plan to include the United Way campaign activities. Engage, guide and direct employee involvement in community events.
- You will partner with management to ensure positive employee relations.
- You will coach managers on effective handling of retention, performance management, and engagement.
- You will conduct general or specific training sessions where needed based upon detailed needs analysis.
- You will provide assistance and administrative support in the areas of employment processing, HRIS data entry, and recruiting requisition processing.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- No relocation benefit is offered for this position. Only candidates currently residing within a 50 mile radius of the posted locations will be considered
- PHR certification
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management / Industrial / Labor Relations or Psychology
- Minimum 1+ years of experience in Human Resources
- Master’s degree
- Experience in a manufacturing setting
- Specialized knowledge of the interpretation of laws, regulations and standards, and enforcement agencies for equal employment opportunities, safety, wage and hour, unemployment, workers’ compensation and labor law.
- Excellent communication and employee relations skills required
- Excellent PC skills required: Microsoft Applications and Outlook
- Recruits & hires site employees and provides daily support for employment process.
- Deploy and support all HR initiatives, programs, processes and systems as required and assigned.
- Support and execute the deployment of HR Special Projects as assigned by the HRM.
- Conducts, under the HRM supervision, investigations on employee relations matters.
- Collaborates with HR Services on all transactional HR matters.
- Ensure integrity in all HR systems with timely and accurate data entry and frequent audits.
- Responsible for running and creating reports, analyzing information and providing data for the Human Resources Manager.
- Maintain and administer the site’s payroll and time & attendance processes.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Human Resources
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PSD Power Systems Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time