Environment Health and Safety Manager
Eaton’s Hydraulics division has an opening for an Environmental, Health and Safety Manager. This position will be based out of our Searcy, Arkansas plant.
Environmental, Health and Safety Manager will manage and direct the site in achieving Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) targets & objectives.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will direct development, maintenance, and achievement of goals in support of corporate and business group EHS strategic initiatives
- You will facilitate risk assessment at the location to identify critical EHS and Facilities Maintenance hazards and with leadership team to create targets and objectives based on key risks.
- You will determine appropriate leading and lagging indicators to track performance against targets and objectives
- You will support creation of EHS and Facilities goals for the site manager and appropriate activity-based goals for the leadership team, functional managers, and front-line supervisors to drive EHS culture, compliance, and results
- You will work to assign MESH element champions and facilitate their engagement in ownership of the MESH elements
- You will drive and promotes zero-incident EHS culture throughout site
- You will create and facilitate EHS engagement through EHS teams and committees needed to accomplish the established targets and objectives for the year
- You will work with leadership team and MESH element champions to complete an annual evaluation of compliance for EHS country, state, and local regulations
- You will pursue third-party recognition for programs that establish the site and Eaton’s EHS program as world class
- You will use established EHS data processes such as MESH Suite to manage data such as injuries, illnesses, environmental metrics, risk assessments, EHS action items and other pertinent information
- You will create training matrices to ensure that all training is defined and tracked to completion
- You will interface with the public and governmental authorities with adverse findings and enforces actions; directing actions during crisis; site security, creating a strong EHS culture that engages employees throughout the site.
- You will contract with outside vendors for necessary contracted work
- You will develop and control the budget for all maintenance areas; strategically forecasts the maintenance plan annually
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university is required
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in environmental, health and safety program management within a manufacturing environment
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in safety, industrial hygiene, environmental engineering, environmental discipline, or in the sciences.
- Master’s degree from an accredited university.
- Previous supervisory or management experience
- Experience in manufacturing or research and development.
- Professional certification (Certified Safety Professional, Certified Industrial Hygienist, or Certified Hazardous Materials Manager).
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Environmental Health & Safety
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: HYD PMC Power Motion Control
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only