Eaton Corporation, Aerospace Group is looking for a Plant Controller for the Fuel and Motion Controls System Division. The position is based in Charleston, SC.
The controller is a key member of the plant leadership team and division finance team. The position reports directly to the FMC Division Controller and functionally to the Plant Manager. This role is instrumental to manage financial performance of the Charleston plant including analysis of forecasts and actual performance, business drivers, and operational metrics.
This role will develop forward-looking insights to drive management decision, actions and improve operational and financial results. The Plant Controller provides proactive leadership around issues and opportunities. The individual will need to drive short term actions to achieve current results while supporting the deployment of progressive strategies which result in a sustainable competitive advantage and strong financial return on investment. The Plant Controller provides technical competency to ensure compliance with corporate financial policies, legal requirements and GAAP. This individual is responsible for administrative process improvements within the plant and region/division, creates and implements procedures to improve the internal control environment, streamlined efforts and provide increased transparency of financial results. This position is responsible for building organizational capability within the finance function by hiring and developing finance personnel. The position also ensures assets assigned by the corporation are adequately protected and provide operations management with financial guidance necessary to produce the expected return on those assets.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will develop and coordinate plant profit plans, strategic plans, monthly forecasts, goals & objectives, financial reconciliations, reports and analysis for plant management, including variance analysis and cost control reporting and recommendations.
- You will manage, analyze, evaluate and interpret plant financial forecasts and operating results. Inform management of results and recommend corrective actions to address unfavorable variances.
- You will manage all month end close activities.
- You will interpret, implement and monitor corporate policies and procedures, ensure financials are reported in compliance with generally accepted accounting principles and local statutory requirements.
- You will develop and implement budgeting and financial reporting systems to provide timely and relevant information to plant, region/division, and corporate management and cost control. Control and maintain adequate product costing systems for valuation and cost estimating activities.
- You will evaluate and approve plant capital appropriation requests prior to region/division and corporate management approval. Monitor and report purchase commitments and spending for all capital programs. Conduct follow-up audits to ensure compliance for all significant capital investments.
- You will establish, monitor and maintain a system of internal controls that safeguards company asset and provides for integrity and propriety of financial transactions and activities. Compliance with corporate policy, including SOX.
- You will own account reconciliation process to maintain integrity of plant general ledger and its supporting sub-systems. Assess adequacy of reserves and overall financial reporting.
- You will manage hiring, training and development of plant financial staff. Establish a work environment that encourages individual career development and growth in order to provide adequate and qualified financial professionals opportunity for advancement.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we- as individuals and as a company – are stronger.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Finance, or Accounting from an accredited institution
- Minimum five (5) years' experience in Finance and/or Accounting
- Minimum two (2) years' experience in a manufacturing environment
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- CPA/CMA certifications
- Master’s Degree
- Experience working with Cost Accounting Standards and Federal Acquisition Regulations
- Prior manager of people experience
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FMC Fuel Motion Control Systems
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time