Team Leader / Technical Support Engineer (PQED)
Team Leader / Technical Support Engineer (PQED)
Join Eaton and help us provide energy-efficient solutions that have a real impact on the environment. We make what matters work. Find out more on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baa_aiJ4L7E
Do you want to work for a global player, where we care about ethics, inclusion and diversity and our people?
As a Team Leader / Technical Support Engineer (PQED) you will lead the Technical Support Team and manage all the aspects related to technical and application support, quotation, and product selection assistance to customers, end users, field sales, electrical wholesalers, distributors and resellers for designated territory and products as well as troubleshooting product problems/warranty, and application assistance received via phone, email, chat or Web.
You will develop technical knowledge for internal/external customers and employees, as well as represent the company towards customers. You will partner with sales representatives to support and influence designated sales goals through technical expertise.
Your key deliverables:
• Help with electrical product portfolio to sales functions across EMEA and external customers in areas such as technical assistance, product or assortment specific questions, technical guidance, warranty, documentation, repair/calibration request and troubleshooting. The position includes assisting customers with product selection and application assistance via phone, email and chat.
• Take active lead in Business Partner and Management communications, coordinate and manage transitions and training sessions, recruiting and on-boarding the team members, setting KPI matrix and team targets and goals, define and drive process improvements.
• Act as the point of reference for customers and partners in case of local business requires high technical expertise (solve complex, high impact problems).
• Proactively acts to understand and solve customer needs and identify solutions to non-standard task/queries.
• Provide feedback to product marketing and engineering regarding catalogue information, cross reference data, renewal parts information, technical drawings, and any other technical documentation found in hard copy, electronic format or on the website.
• Provide support in testing and development for engineering software’s and tools for design and quotations.
• Coordinate team members, propose and drive partner communication, propose and work on projects to increase productivity and add value from team and BSC activities.
• Own and drive the technical knowledge and expertise for specific product families and provide training to new joiners and colleagues in the BSC.
• Own and drive the creation of daily/weekly/monthly team reporting activities, operational excellence and continuous improvements.
• Bachelor’s degree (BS/BA) in Engineering from an accredited institution (MSc/Electrical is an advantage).
• Fluent English capabilities
• Minimum 3 year of professional experience in Electrical/Industrial Engineering sector.
• Proven experience in people management (Team Leader or Team Coordinator).
• Excellent understanding of electrical products and related applications.
• Team player, happy to interact with multiple locations and cultures.
• Maintain positive customer relationships through active listening, prompt resolution of problems, and projecting a positive, professional attitude, problem solving skills, creativity.
• Analytical mindset and ability to compare products from competitors, identify and propose key sales opportunities, analyse and deliver commercial and technical data.
Then we want to hear about you!
What Eaton offers:
• Competitive compensation and benefits package
• Great promotional opportunities – We encourage internal promotion, whenever possible
• Culture & Values – We are more than the products we invent and produce – the way we do business is just as important. At Eaton, our values and culture define who we are – both individually and as an organization – and direct our activities every day
• Inclusion & Diversity - Openness to diversity widens our access to the best talent. Inclusion allows us to engage that talent fully
• Learning & Development - We invest in our employees for the long term – not just with salary and benefits, but with ongoing learning and development opportunities made available through Eaton University
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: Sales EMEA
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No