Business Process Technician - 1st Shift
Eaton’s Electrical Power Distribution and Control Assembly Division is currently seeking a Business Process Technician on 1st Shift. This position is based at our Arden, NC facility
The Business Process Technician is responsible for being the primary contact for new user setup in the Plant and Plant Order Management System issues via Business Process Requests. The Business Process Technician leads and participates in Business Process Improvement events. Role model and trainer/mentor for other engineering technicians.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will administer and maintain tasks associated with Enovia, Plant Order Manager, AS400, TDM Clients, and AutoCAD customizations
- You will respond to Business Process Requests (Help Tickets) pertaining to plant-maintained software systems
- You will support new product introduction by maintaining and creating new business process tools
- You will support continuous improvement by leading Business Process Improvement Events
- You will lead kaizen events related to continuous improvement ideas submitted by plant personnel that relate to business process
- You will champion standard work for Front End processes
- You will assist with training and development related to software systems used to help manage operations (AS400, Excel, Power BI, SharePoint, etc.)
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- A High School Diploma or GED from an accredited institution at a minimum.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- Relocation assistance is not available for this position. Only candidates the reside within 50 miles of the Arden, NC facility will be considered.
- Strong computer skills MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, SharePoint).
- Basic programming knowledge
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Experience with Enovia, Plant Order Manager, DMM, and AS400
- Ability to understand complex systems and problems
- Associate's Degree in Electrical, Electronics or Mechanical Technology, or Drafting and Design from an accredited institution.
- Knowledge of Visual Basic and Visual Studio
- Demonstrated understanding of CAD software (i.e. AutoCad, Inventor, ProE, Solidworks), and drafting principles.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PDCAD Power Distrib Control Assy Div
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time