If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team - winning is fun
We are looking forward to a Senior Engineer – Utility Maintenance in Eaton India Innovation Center’s (EIIC), based in Pune, India.
In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are - it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals.
This exciting role is part of Eaton India Innovation Center (EIIC) within Eaton Research Labs (ERL). As a Data Scientist, you will be directly involved in the application of statistics, machine learning, and analytic approaches to answer challenging business questions. This work will help businesses across the enterprise solve critical business problems, uncover new business opportunities, and turn their large volumes of data into valuable, actionable insights. This position as a Senior Engineer is primarily responsible for installation and maintenance of utilities, new project infrastructure execution etc. in coordination with project, facility and test lab teams at EIIC. The incumbent will own utility maintenance and execution of facility infrastructure projects by managing resources, both internal and external, to ensure utilities are available to run operations as needed. The position is also responsible for establishing safe work environment working with MESH manager and look for continuously improving the work systems through problem solving, ELS techniques and through deployment of TPM/RCM and Quality Management System.
Your essential responsibilities:
- Lead installation and commissioning of utilities for office building and test labs, working closely with suppliers and internal stakeholders.
- Lead infrastructure projects for interior and MEP design and execution.
- Support installation and commissioning test equipment working with vendors, consultant and EIIC test lab teams on utility front.
- Plan& coordinate with resources, both internal and external, for various maintenance activities of utilities for office building and test lab
- Establish standard operating procedures and troubleshooting guides for regular maintenance activities inline to MESH guidelines
- Support Job Safety Analysis for each of the maintenance work by working with facility, test lab team and safety team and deploy necessary safety improvement opportunities in line to Eaton’s MESH / LSR guidelines etc.
- Promote and sustain ELS disciplines and improvements. Ensure that standardized practices are followed where applicable
- Promote safety awareness and maintain a safe work environment and champion at least one element mentioned in MESH
- Provide strong leadership to develop a participative and continuous improvement culture in the organization
- Plan and establish maintenance budget requirements as part of profit plan
- Establish detail utility maintenance plan for each utility and ensure to meet the uptime target to up keep the operations
- Evaluate opportunities for improvement in utilities maintenance and deploy best processes across the businesses to reduce downtime due to maintenance time etc.
- Develop, write and maintain SOP for maintenance activities. Evaluate jobs for possible ergonomic improvements (body mechanics, lifts, hoists, manipulators, etc.) and implement these work / process design changes as appropriate
- Work with MESH team to establish required database for waste management and establish required process for effective waste management inline to Eaton’s MESH requirements
- Work with internal teams and evaluate required suppliers etc. for technical capabilities prior to award of outsourced tasks
- Support facility safety initiatives and wellness committee as required from time to time
- Implement and deploy corrective actions to ensure compliance with Quality management systems, OSHA regulations, all Statutory regulations and Local laws as applicable from facility maintenance point of view
If you are:
- Proven experience facility management and infrastructure projects
- Past experience in Green field project execution is most desirable
- Past experience in LEAN tool deployment for continuous improvements in utilization and cost savings
- Demonstrated experience in reconditioning/up gradation of heavy industrial utilities
- BE Mechanical/ Electrical with 8-10 years of relevant hands experience in maintenance function
- Strong and effective communication skills
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
*We make what matters work.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day.It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential - and where you can help us reach ours. Need more about Eaton? Come on in @ www.eaton.com.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: INNOV Innovation Center
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time