If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team - winning is fun.
We are looking forward to a Lead Engineer – Metallurgical engineering & Materials Science in Eaton India Innovation Center-Eaton Research Labs (ERL) based in Pune, India. Eaton’s Corporate Research & Technology Labs (CRTERL) focuses on the front end of innovation by: conducting research to advance the state of the art, emphasizing cross-business impact technologies, and innovating to provide Eaton’s customers with safe, efficient, and reliable power management solutions.
The successful candidate will be part of a team working on integrated manufacturing processes entire spectrum of metallic materials that cut across materials selection, characterization, process optimization, multi scale modeling of materials, manufacturing process evaluation and scale up etc.
Your essential responsibilities:
- Will be a part of a team responsible for new materials introduction for Eaton’s product portfolio including new material & process assimilation& development.
- Leads technology realization programs / projects utilizing our internal project execution processes, including Gate Reviews, Design Reviews, and Technical Reviews.
- As a subject matter expert, he/s/he is responsible for the execution of milestones that are critical to the project. The technical lead coordinates activities with other engineering resources on the team to ensure timely completion of the project milestones.
- As a technical lead, he/she will be single point of contact for the entire project. Responsible for creating, executing and tracking all the milestones for the entire project. Assigns roles and responsibilities for the project team members.
- Provides scientific explanation of underlying mechanism from experimental results through proper data analysis
- Works Collaborates with globally diverse cross-functional project teams effectively and manages selected projects as per our internal stage-gate process.
- Participates and presents in ideation events. (Innovation Summits, Design Bursts, etc.)
- Identifies open innovation opportunities with universities and external institutes that align with Technology Platform strategy.
- Actively contributes high quality IP that has business and technology importance.
- Provides knowledge & experience based learning in material selection and property prediction with processing technologies like 3D Metal printing, casting, rolling, forging etc.
- Collaborates with external partners on developing materials and processes as part of Technology Development and New Technology Introduction.
- Works on modelling microstructure (actual or predicted) to predict mechanical properties like Young’s modulus, Fatigue strength, fracture toughness, impact toughness etc. manufactured by conventional processes and Additive manufacturing.
- Guides team members working on on developing methodologies of modelling ‘Microstructure – Mechanical properties correlations’ for different materials.
- Develops methodologies for advanced characterization of materials for quantification of features required for modelling including detailed composition analysis including micro-analysis, microstructure, macro-structure including quantification and statistical processing.
If you are:
- Ph. D. in Metallurgical Engineering / Materials Science preferably on ICME especially on microstructure – mechanical property correlations.
- Strong knowledge &understanding in Physical Metallurgy of Steels, Al Alloys, Mg alloys, Super alloys etc.
Sound knowledge & understanding of fracture mechanics and failure modes in the systems of interest.
Experience with metal AM process(es) and understanding of effects of process parameters on material microstructures and properties.
Hands-on experience on advanced characterization techniques like Optical Microscopy, XRD, SEM with EDS / WDS, EPMA, EBSD, Dilatometry, Thermal analysis etc.
Sound knowledge of applicable standards like ISO, ASTM, SAE, JIS, DIN etc.
Hands-on experience on 3D metal printing.
Experience in metal processing by casting, rolling, forging etc., especially of Al Alloy / Al matrix composites.
Sound knowledge of statistics and SPC.
Good communication skills in English (verbal and written) to communicate information effectively to all local & global stakeholders.
Design for Six Sigma / DMAIC.
Experience in working in multi-location, multi-cultural teams.
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
*We make what matters work.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential - and where you can help us reach ours. Need more about Eaton? Come on in @ www.eaton.com.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: INNOV Innovation Center
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time