Eaton is hiring a Plant Controller in El Paso, TX.
The controller is responsible for developing and managing the financial controls that insure financial integrity, protect company assets, and maximize profitability for the Juarez, Mexico plant of the Cutler-Hammer Commercial & Industrial Facilities Division.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will set challenging financial goals and develops systems and processes to support the creation of underlying plans and forecasts.
- You will manage against the financial goals by providing comparison of performance to plans, markets and competitors and developing insight on significant shortcomings or accomplishments highlighted by the comparisons.
- You will continuously look for ways to reduce costs, increase revenues and leveraging operating capital, and rigorously scrutinizes capital appropriations and resulting capital expenditure management.
- You will assure appropriate linkage of the system and people to the rest of the organization.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we- as individuals and as a company – are stronger.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business or Finance from an accredited institution
- Minimum ten (10) years of professional experience
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future
- CPA, CMA or MBA
- Knowledge of GAAP
- Cost accounting experience
- Financial accounting experience
- JIT experience
- Bilingual in Spanish
- Knowledge of Mexican payroll regulations and Mexican and US state tax regulations
- Experience working with Mexican Government agencies, external auditors and lawyers of the business
Position Success Criteria:
- Possesses general management skills to aid in assessing legal contracts, foreign business practices and foreign business risks
- Understanding of global cash management and currency management
- Progressive levels of knowledge, problem solving and responsibility
- Understanding of the cultural and business nuances on a global basis
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CDPAD Comml Distrib Prods Assy Div
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time