Eaton’s Life Safety division is currently seeking an Engineering Technician to join our team. This position is based at our Long Branch, NJ facility.
The Engineering Technician is responsible for providing daily, hands-on technical support for automated production processes (Wave Solder & Surface Mount Technology) including; non-routine preventative and production maintenance, technical trouble-shooting and training of operators, and equipment programming.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
· You will provide daily, hands-on technical support for automated production processes (Wave Solder & Surface Mount Technology) including; non-routine preventative and production maintenance, technical trouble-shooting and training of operators, may do some equipment programming.
· You will maintain current work process documentation and identify/implement/participate in continuous improvement opportunities.
· You will perform equipment repairs and adjustments to maximize equipment run time and minimize down time.
· You will ensure all quality measures are implemented and sustained.
· You will comply with established environmental, health and safety practices to ensure a safe work place.
· You will identify and improve production and maintenance safety opportunities
· You will develop and oversee a robust preventative maintenance program for the site with a focus on printed circuit board equipment.
· You will assist with New Product Innovation (NPI) pilot runs.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
· Associates degree from an accredited institution
· Minimum one year of experience in a manufacturing environment
· Minimum one year of professional computer programming experience
· Must be legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship
· No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Candidates must reside within a 50-mile radius of the Long Branch, NJ facility.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: LSD Life Safety Division EMEA
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time