Eaton’s Corporate is currently seeking an Investment Specialist to join our team. This position is based in Beachwood, OH.
The Investment Specialist will provide investment due diligence analysis and recommendations in relation to the company's $11B+ global retirement asset portfolios. In collaboration with the Finance Leadership Development Program (FLDP) Participant and Investment Manager, the Specialist is responsible for investment due diligence, administration and compliance of the company’s global retirement asset pools (approximately $11B). The company’s primary U.S. defined benefit plans dynamically allocate across multiple asset classes (traditional and alternative) on a global basis. The Investment Specialist will specialize in investment due diligence of the plans’ investments, including researching new investment opportunities and making recommendations to the Investment Manager. Additionally, the Specialist will serve as a mentor and be the primary backup for all back office and middle office tasks owned by the FLDP. The Specialist will be responsible for original, independent investment research for use in making recommendations to an investment committee of the company’s most senior executives. Candidates should have proven, successful experience making investment recommendations to institutional asset owners.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours. In this role as Investment Specialist:
- You will support the development of presentation materials for the Pension Investment Committee and Finance Committee of the Board of Directors.
- You will lead and participate in investment due diligence idea generation. Assignments will include both traditional assets classes (public equities / fixed income) and alternative asset classes (hedge funds, private equity, real estate).
- You will make recommendations to add or remove investment managers after significant due diligence, as well as maintain relationship for the manager once added to the portfolio.
- You will ensure the accuracy and timeliness of information entered into the investment team’s return and risk management tools. You will develop reporting and interpret the output for actionable investment portfolio modifications. Provide commentary to various stakeholders in a simple, easy to understand manner.
- You will monitor the daily positioning of our main defined benefit plans. Recommend tactical trades around the approved asset class allocation range targets.
- You will keep abreast of investment market conditions and support the Manager on tactical and long-term strategic investment opportunities.
- You will review the work performed by the FLDP. Recommend and implement process improvements where necessary.
- You will review the fund performance and fees paid by the company’s major defined contribution plans. Recommends changes/improvements to reduce fees and drive Retirement Readiness for our participants.
- You will assist in the negotiation phase with current and prospective third-party providers. Act as the primary liaison between the investment team and legal advisors.
- You will support research and projects across treasury departments, as assigned.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Economics, Finance, and/or Mathematics from an accredited institution
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience in Asset Management, Investment Bank and/or Management Consulting
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. All candidate must currently reside within 50 miles of Beachwood, OH to be considered.
- MBA or Master of Science in Business, Economics, Finance or Mathematical Sciences
- Substantial manager selection experience including alternative investment managers
- Strong system skills, experience with Bloomberg and treasury management systems
- Highly advanced skills related to institutional asset management on a global scale
- Knowledge of institutional asset management
- Expert-level proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time