Lead Data Analyst
Eaton has an opening on the Industrial Sector Finance team for a Lead Data Analyst in Beachwood, OH.
The primary function of this role is to provide specialized support to the Industrial Sector management team through data analytics and reporting. The position manages the development and execution of the analyses for the Industrial Sector. Analyses will serve to increase the depth and breadth of the function for significant business processes, as well as, provide the management team with information to better monitor the financial and operational activities of the business.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will assist in the development and deployment of the Industrial Sector’s data analytics strategy
- You will identify opportunities to leverage data to further enhance the control environment and provide insights into the financial and operational activities of the business.
- You will support the data analytics needs of the Industrial Sector, including:
- Understanding of respective initiatives and creatively defining analytics that can deliver efficient, effective, and meaningful information.
- Gain an understanding of business processes, evaluate potential risks and work with the team and customers to define data indicators of risk.
- Partner with individuals in the Sector / Groups and provide analytic services.
- Assist in the development and execution of analytic routines while maintaining acceptable cycle time / quality standards.
- Provide insight and guidance on the management of reported exceptions / analytic output.
- You will participate and support special projects and ad-hoc data analysis requests, on an as needed basis.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we- as individuals and as a company – are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience in accounting, auditing, finance, information technology, and/or data analytics
- Must be authorized to work in the US without the support of company sponsorship now or in the future
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Information Systems, or Mathematical/Statistical disciplines from an accredited institution
- Experience using ERP systems like Oracle
- Experience using Longview
- Advanced on Excel
Position Success Criteria
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Proven project management skills
- Knowledge of data base structures, data mapping, and experience extracting/analyzing data from common Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems such as Oracle and Mfg/PRO preferred.
- Intermediate analytical skills and knowledge of one or more common data analytics tools
- Adept in using advanced features of MS Access and MS Excel.
- Strong attention to detail and an ability to prioritize and work in a highly fluent and fast paced environment.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to promote ideas and work effectively with all levels within the organization.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: Industrial Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time