Eaton’s Lighting Division is currently seeking a world-class systems architect to help develop next generation of connected lighting systems for their commercial, home, and cities business.
We are searching for a senior IoT Systems architect who will help set the overall IoT architecture vision and technology roadmap for value added connected lighting applications across the lighting businesses.
Eaton’s Lighting solutions division is an industry-leading manufacturer of lighting products for commercial, industrial, residential, utility and retail markets. We are at the forefront in transforming the lighting industry and setting an unmatched standard for innovation and reliability. As the lighting industry expands beyond the traditional solutions of the past, no one is better equipped to help customers navigate the complexities of Connected Lighting, where fixtures will control more than ever imagined. No one will do more to empower customers with the innovations, technology and resources they need to meet the challenges of the future.
We are dedicated to growing our business and our people! We believe in providing our employees and YOU the opportunity grow, have fun and take pride in their work. If YOU thrive in a creative, fast-paced, innovative environment, then our engineering team is looking for YOU!
- Evaluate and propose IoT technology and architecture platform by either leading or doing proof of concepts
- Evaluate partner solutions and recommend prospective partnership opportunities across the IoT stack
- Help architect the entire connected lighting system for respective lighting businesses.
- Help execute the system design from concept through transition to production within the scope, schedule, and budget constraints
- Institutionalize and drive architecture best practices across business design teams
- Help define technology roadmap and lead new technology investigations
Eaton has announced its intent to spinoff its Lighting Business into publicly traded company (“SpinCo”). This transaction is expected to be completed by the end of 2019 and this position is expected to remain with SpinCo. The compensation and benefits that will initially be offered for this position are based on Eaton’s plans, programs and practices. The Lighting Business is in the process of developing its total rewards philosophy, strategy and structure, including the design of its benefits and annual and long-term incentive plans that will take effect when SpinCo becomes a publicly traded company. If you are offered and accept this position and are actively employed by the Lighting Business when SpinCo becomes an independent, publicly traded company, you will be eligible to participate in SpinCo’s compensation, health, welfare, and retirement benefit plans and programs and should have no expectations that SpinCo’s plans and programs will mirror or be substantially similar to Eaton’s.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in an system, electrical or software engineering discipline from an accredited institution
- A minimum of 10 years broad software, embedded firmware and/or hardware development, integration and architecture experience
- Experience in creating SW and firmware system architectures
- 5 years of experience in one or more of the following programming languages (C/C++/C#, Java)
- 1 year experience working with cloud environment (e.g. AWS, Microsoft Azure, etc.) and developing SaaS applications
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50 mile radius of work location will be considered
Preferred Qualifications (Not required to be qualified for the job)
- Master’s Degree in Engineering from an accredited institution
- Knowledge of wireless technologies e.g. BLE, ZigBee, Wi-Fi
- Experience with messaging protocols, e.g. AMQP, MQTT, etc.
- Systems engineering design experience within the IoT space
- SW design experience in SDK and/or API based development
- Commercial electronics design experience
- Experience with the Agile SW development processes and tools
- Experience with data analytics and regression analysis.
- Scaled Agile Framework Scrum master
- Strong work ethic, flexibility, and a desire to actively contribute to the group’s success.
- Proven track record of successfully designing, reviewing and delivering engineering systems
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Ability to manage the technical aspects of sub-contracted activities
- Hands on working knowledge of wide range of technologies across the IOT stack including embedded systems, network topologies, transport protocols, cloud computing, stream processing, data management, analytics, security, identity management and application development
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG LD Lighting Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time