Stacking Assembler 2nd Shift
Eaton’s Power Systems is currently seeking a Stacked Core Assembler on 2nd shift to join our team. This position is based at our Waukesha (Lincoln Ave) WI facility.
The Assembler is responsible for the setup of material, coils, and stack core lamination into coil openings to form proper core spacing and build for larger single and three phase units.
- You will check shop orders for required material, places material on bench or stacking table and opens core to free lamination.
- You will place insulating material inside coils, insert and position core lamination through coil opening until required build-up is obtained. You will also form lamination corners by tapping with a mallet and tape lamination end when necessary to hold in position.
- You will band core as needed to close lamination gaps using an air banding machine and spot weld cores with an electric hand operated spot welder.
- You will cut, insert and shim insulation board between coils, spaces core clamps, and assemble metal frame on core and coil.
- You will set up coils on stacking tables and opens core on work platform to free laminations.
- You will set up fixture on the stacking tables for proper high precision core alignment.
- You will stack the main core, and up-ends completed unit onto a roller cart.
- You will assemble tap changer switch and cable to high voltage side of and coil assembly per Bill of Materials.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- A high school diploma or GED form an accredited institution is required.
- Must be able to work in the US without company sponsorship
- Relocation benefits not included. Only candidates living within 50 miles of Waukesha WI will be considered
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CPSD PDD Power Delivery Division
Job Level: Entry Level
Does this position offer relocation?: No