Internal Controls & Compliance Lead Analyst, Electrical Sector EMEA
Slough, United Kingdom
Luton, United Kingdom
or any other Eaton location within close proximity to an international airport in Europe
Eaton is a power management company with 2018 sales of $21.6 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 99,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com.
Join Eaton and help us provide energy-efficient solutions that have a real impact on the environment. We make what matters work. Find out more on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baa_aiJ4L7E
Do you want to work for a global player, where we care about ethics, inclusion and diversity and our people?
The Compliance Analyst will be a member of the EMEA compliance team/Electrical sector which is focused on driving internal control efforts throughout the business. The incumbent will help set and ensure adherence with Eaton policy, internal control standards, and U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). The compliance team serves as a business partner to the divisions and plant teams. The Analyst will support accurate and timely reporting to Group management on control initiatives.
Electrical Sector – EMEA – Compliance Lead Analyst
Your key deliverables:
- Support the 2nd level balance sheet review (BSR) program for the business. Activities include:
- Monitor the BSR calendar to ensure timely completion of reviews
- Track the remediation of control deficiencies and work closely with management to ensure timely resolution of issues
- Provide help for key Group compliance processes, including (but not limited to): DSA process, segregation of duties & access reviews, balance sheet reviews, reconciliation procedures
- Assist with monthly testing of sales orders to support revenue recognition control requirements. To include: selecting sample, requesting documents, follow-up procedures
- Collaborate closely together with the site teams on the remediation of audit gaps (i.e. Internal Audit, SOX, Ernst & Young EY, DSA- design self-assessment) to ensure issues are closed timely and corrective actions are implemented
- Act as a temporary resource and provide direct assistance to sites in the completion of key compliance and accounting requirements during periods of employee turnover or resource shortage
- Support other Group level compliance initiatives, and/or financial process improvements
- Serve as a guest validator and support SOX internal control validations as required. Perform on-site and off-site control testing using Wdesk internal control test plans and analytical procedures
- Liaison with Ernst & Young (EY) staff on Group / site documentation requests
- Participate in special projects related to compliance on an as-needed basis
- Support the development, implementation and tracking of Data Analytics tools (i.e., manual journal entries, balance sheet analytics)
- Educated at Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance from an accredited institution?
- Coming with a minimum of 5 years’ of experience in accounting, finance policy and internal control standards?
- Having accounting experience within a global manufacturing company or public accounting experience (i.e., Big Four)?
- Possessing strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to promote ideas and to work effectively with all levels and functions within the organization?
- Having an understanding of financial business processes (INV, OTC, PTP, RTR) and Eaton financial systems and standards?
- Exposed to internal controls key concepts (i.e., risks, controls, SOX), financial accounting requirements (i.e., IFRS, US GAAP) and evaluation of internal controls and compliance preferably in a manufacturing environment or significant experience with other industries?
- Skilled in project management?
- Flexible to anticipate and react to changes?
- Advanced in Desktop Analytics (Excel skills are a necessity)?
- Fluent in English (both spoken and written) as well as in another language such as Turkish, German, Polish, Czech, Slovak or French?
- Able and willing to work in a dynamic, multicultural, multilingual and international environment, with colleagues located in other parts of the world?
- Ready to travel up to 30%?
- Knowledgeable of ERP systems, such as SAP, Oracle ERP, Oracle Financials?
- Educated to an advanced degree (MBA or Masters in Accountancy) or certification (CPA, ACCA, CIA, CMA, CISA)?
- Experienced in working in multinational environments and with remote reporting lines?
- Knowledgeable of other computer applications such as Microsoft Power Business Intelligence (MS Power BI), Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise (OBIEE), ACL?
- Having Financial Planning & Analysis experience?
Then we want to hear about you!
What Eaton offers:
- Contract in fast growing global company
- Challenging projects in dynamic collaborative team
- Great career opportunities – We encourage internal promotion, whenever possible
- Excellent working environment – safety and ethics are really important for us
- Culture & Values – We are more than the products we invent and produce – the way we do business is just as important. At Eaton, our values and culture define who we are – both individually and as an organization – and direct our activities every day
- Inclusion & Diversity - Openness to diversity widens our access to the best talent. Inclusion allows us to engage that talent fully
- Learning & Development - We invest in our employees for the long term – not just with salary and benefits, but with ongoing learning and development opportunities made available through Eaton University
Candidate applying to the vacancy may be subject of the background screening.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time