Eaton’s Power Distribution Controls and Assemblies division is currently seeking an Accounting Manager to join our team. This position is based at our Wilsonville, OR facility.
The Accounting Manager reports directly to the Business Operations Manager and functionally to the Asheville Plant Controller. This role is instrumental in managing the financial performance of a plant with multiple product lines, aggregated into results of the home ledgers. This role will develop forward-looking insights to drive management decision, actions and improvements in operational and financial results.
In this role, you will provide proactive leadership around issues and opportunities including analysis of forecasts and actual performance, business drivers, operational metrics and financial controls. The individual will need to drive short term actions to achieve current results while supporting the deployment of progressive strategies which result in a sustainable competitive advantage and strong financial return on investment.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will provide technical competency to ensure compliance with corporate financial policies, legal requirements, SOX and GAAP.
- You will be responsible for administrative process improvements within the plant and division, creates and implements procedures to improve the internal control environment, streamlines efforts to provide increased transparency of financial results. The position also ensures assets assigned by the corporation are adequately protected and provide operations management with financial guidance necessary to produce the expected return on those assets.
- You will be included on the Portland leadership staff, providing support to the site leader and driving results on all aspects of financial performance in addition to safety and quality. Manages all aspects of accounting with financial accountability for coordinating with 3 separate parent ledgers within the PDCA division.
- You will manage against the financial goals by providing comparison of performance to plans and developing insight on significant shortcomings.
- You will direct the development of the strategic plan and profit plan input to parent ledgers. Provides strategic direction and a strong business partnership with the various Plant Controllers and leadership within the PDCA Plants.
- You will analyze financial performance data and work closely with the Business Operations Manager to recommend actions and strategies pertinent to measured performance
- You will oversee the preparation of budgets and forecasts. Actively involved in the cost reduction opportunities for the plant. Analyze financial viability of plant capital expenditure programs and headcount requirements.
- You will ensure the organization’s financial integrity and internal controls are intact, through the deployment of Eaton Financial tools, GAAP and Sarbanes Oxley.
- You will apply concepts of lean environment to administrative functions within accounting as applicable.
- You will leverage existing and develop new inventory control procedures to improve accuracy of physical inventory on hand.
- You will leverage BIDMAN, MAPICS and other tools to more accurately report price, labor and material costs. Execute job performance margin analysis based on SOP/VISTA data.
- You will support MAPICS inter-site logistics implementation
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or Business from an accredited institution required.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in an accounting/finance department in a manufacturing/industrial environment as well as ensuring compliance with applicable financial accounting requirements
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship, now or in the future.
- Master’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or Business from an accredited institution.
- Experience with US GAAP policies
- Experience with global supply chain and/or sourcing
- Experience working for large, multinational manufacturing organization
- Strong leadership abilities, experienced in working in a matrix managed environment.
- Strong analytical skills, advanced Excel user
- Strong collaboration skills and ability to work in a team environment
- Proven capability to lead change in a team environment
- Ability to manage multiple projects
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PDCAD Power Distrib Control Assy Div
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time