Senior Engineer - Embedded Hardware
Job Title: Senior Engineer # 069757
If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team - winning is fun.
We are looking forward to Senior Engineer in Eaton’s electrical business, based in Pune, India.
In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are - it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals.
This exciting role is to will be responsible for understanding product requirements, overall Hardware design and development of product to meet project schedule and budget. Provides technical solutions, follow defined processes & lead in product development & technology innovations. Additionally, develops concepts, engineering and Hardware specification of new product platform solutions that meet the stated market requirements for performance, cost, and functionality for Power Component Division. Further, contribute on project planning, risk analysis and mitigation plan, project reviews, which are required for executional excellence.
Your essential responsibilities
· Engages in design, development & testing of Embedded Systems
· Monitor progress and achievements on projects. Provide regular reports on development and support activities.
· Coordinates with Project Coordinator/ engineering leaders, Marketing Manager, Mechanical Engineering, Sourcing and Manufacturing personnel to develop products in an organized and expedient fashion.
· Ensures new products meet our customer’s needs.
· Collaborates with diverse cross-functional teams at global level spread across multiple locations. This requires the incumbent to have ambition, drive, enthusiasm and strong practical engineering experience to compliment his/her technical ability.
· Develops an understanding of both technology and product concepts and can articulate product and Hardware design. Ensures quality of delivery in accordance with the plan adhering to the standard practices used as per DFSS.
· Responsible for driving a culture of innovation, learning & continuous improvement while executing the projects.
Generate and Protect intellectual property
through patents and disclosures
Suggests and develops re-usable components
and looks for continuous improvement opportunities in circuit protection
products. Share knowledge within the team and demonstrates flexibility
working in parallel on multiple assignments/product categories
If you are:
• Bachelor’s or master’s Degree in Electronics or Instrumentation Engineering from an accredited institution
• Relevant Experience of more than 5 years
• Experience in Hardware Design – Power Supply, Analog Design and Digital Design
• Extensive experience of full Hardware development life cycle including requirements management, design, development, verification & validation, qualification& certification testing in Electrical / Industrial applications.
• Demonstrated ability to independently design Hardware Modules of Industrial/Commercial Systems.
• Should have experience in design of power supplies (linear,SMPS), power drivers.
• Should have experience in designing analog integrated/discrete circuits, signal conditioning circuits, sensors and actuators.
• Should have hands on experience in design of complex microcontroller solutions, mixed signal designs
• Should have hands on experience on Functional testing, Certification Testing.
• Should have hands on experience on simulation tools like PSpice, LTSpice, Model Sim, etc.
• Should have ability to resolve complex technical issues.
• Strong knowledge of EMI / EMC, signal and power integrity analyses, certification and environmental compliances – UL /IEC / RoHS / REACH and component engineering.
• Hands on experience on various Communication protocols like RS232, SPI, I2C, Ethernet, wireless etc.
• Prior Experience in designing of Fire Panels, EVCS Systems, Smoke Detectors is preferred
• Experience in collaborating with local / global suppliers for prototype developments, external labs for testing etc.
• Good knowledge on PCB design guidelines for SI, high speed design & EMI/EMC.
• Strong knowledge of NPI development processes
• Strong analytical skills
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Excellent presentation skills
• Design For Six Sigma Certified
• Excellent communication skills in English (verbal and written) to communicate information effectively to all stakeholders
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
*We make what matters work.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day.
It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential - and where you can help us reach ours. Need more about Eaton? Come on in @ www.eaton.com.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: INNOV Innovation Center
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time