Senior Engineer - VAVE
Job Title: Senior Engineer # 069755
If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team - winning is fun.
We are looking forward to Senior Engineer in Eaton’s electrical business, based in Pune, India.
In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are - it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals.
This exciting role is Leads VAVE cost out projects for controls and protection division, which includes product lines like circuit breakers, fusible products, enclosed control solutions by providing leadership to project, process, and technical deliverables on assigned activities. Should contribute in identifying opportunities, building pipeline and converting them in realized cost savings. Should demonstrate ‘Right to Left’ thinking (starting with consideration for end customer).
Your essential responsibilities
· Understands product requirements of controls & protection product lines in terms of application, design considerations, working principals, complex system interactions.
· Design and analysis activities including conceptual design, Design Optimization, Product Cost analysis, Prototype Building and Validation through Testing complying with applicable ANSI /UL, IEC standards.
· Highly proficient in Engineering skills, including electromechanical components design and development, engineering test plan preparation, familiar with ANSI, UL, NEMA, IEC and other applicable standards, warranty Cost evaluation, field failure evaluation & change implementation.
· Drives VAVE and cost out, competitive benchmarking, teardown, should costing exercises.
· Collaborates with diverse cross-functional teams at global level spread across multiple locations. This requires the incumbent to have ambition, drive, enthusiasm and strong practical engineering experience to compliment his/her technical ability.
· Engineering decision making to generate product specifications using appropriate analytical, engineering calculations, system level analysis tools.
· Demonstrates program management skills while working with global cross-functional teams, keeping all stakeholders always on the ‘same page’
· Demonstrates innovative problem solving skills while dealing with complex problem, issues.
· Drives continuous learning culture in team through effective knowledge sharing sessions, workshops, and mentorship to team members.
If you are:
Bachelor’s Degree (7+ years of relevant experience) or Master’s degree (5+ years of relevant experience) in engineering, preferably mechanical or electrical from an accredited institution.
Enriched experience in driving VAVE activities of Low voltage controls and protection product lines or equivalent electromechanical product lines.
Proven track record of successful product launches, realized cost out.
Proven track record of intellectual property generation with good number of patents / disclosures.
Sound knowledge of IEC/NEMA/UL Standards.
Knowledge on Electromechanical & Electronics industrial products.
Experience in competitive tear downs and benchmarking for Electrical Products.
Familiarity with ANSI, NEMA, UL, IEC and other applicable standards for electro-mechanical products.
Exposure of working with diversified global teams on complex new product development
Proficiency in PLM/ERP tools like Enovia, SAP
Design For Six Sigma Certified
Understanding of manufacturing processes and product engineering tools
Excellent communication skills in English (verbal and written) to communicate information effectively to all stakeholders
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
*We make what matters work.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day.
It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential - and where you can help us reach ours. Need more about Eaton? Come on in @ www.eaton.com.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: INNOV Innovation Center
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time