Lead Software/ Developer Engineer
Eaton’s division is seeking a Lead Software / Developer Engineer for our Raleigh, North Carolina location. The Software / Developer Engineer will be responsible for defining and driving the development of the division’s Saas offering, as well as directly contributing to the technical development of the product.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will have knowledge of cloud product systems, cloud solutions and software-as-a-service offerings
- You will have thorough understanding of the software development cycle in an agile environment, software architecture patterns and product development methodologies
- You will have experience with modern Web and data storage technologies:
- You will need strong object-oriented and multi-threading programming knowledge
- You will be familiar with tools such as VSTS/TFS, Bitbucket, Jira & GIT
- You will need experience with Actor Model design and development
- You will need experience with micro services design and development
- You will need experience developing in Azure Service Fabric You will develop software components leveraging both company proprietary and third-party platforms.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we as individuals and as a company are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- B.S. Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Computer Engineering from an accredited university.
- 2-3 years of cloud development experience.
- Candidates must reside within a 50 miles radius of Raleigh, NC.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- Proven leadership and technical skills
- Knowledge of cloud product systems, cloud solutions and software-as-a-service offerings
- Ability to develop accurate development estimates and assist team and project managers with the estimation process
- Thorough understanding of the software development cycle in an agile environment, software architecture patterns and product development methodologies
- Effective interpersonal verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working with geographically dislocated teams across organization and cultural boundaries
- Organization, time management, and prioritization skills
- Experience with data storage technologies: MSSQL, MongoDB, Azure Cosmos DB and Azure SQL.
- Experience using modern Web UI technologies – Angular JS 6, HTML5, CSS3 & Angular Material Design
- Strong object-oriented and multi-threading programming knowledge
- Familiar with tools such as VSTS/TFS, Bitbucket, Jira & GIT
- Ability to effectively communicate with others, both verbally and in writing
- Experience with Actor Model design and development
- Experience with micro services design and development
- Experience developing in Azure Service Fabric You will develop software components leveraging both company proprietary and third-party platforms.
- Develop supporting engineering documentation including software requirements, specifications, design documentation and design verification test plans.
- Conduct technical design reviews and provide technical documentation of solutions.
- Present and communicate solution to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Participate in demos and code reviews and enforce software best practices, standards. and processes
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PQD CPS Critical Power Solutions
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No