Eaton’s Hydraulic Sector is currently seeking a Manufacturing Engineer to join our team. This position is based at our Shawnee, OK facility.
Eaton located in Shawnee, Oklahoma has an opening for a Manufacturing Engineer. The Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for establishing and maintaining manufacturing processes to produce the products including specifying and selecting equipment, tooling, gages, methods, and providing detailed operation instructions, which will ensure the highest quality and cost-effective product.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
Coordinate manufacturing and machinery feasibility of new or existing products and implement cost effective prior to and after engineering releases to manufacturing.
Estimate manufacturing costs of new products.
Coordinate and direct machine selection and cost justification. Interview suppliers, perform machine run offs, and approve machining capability of new capital equipment.
Direct the procurement of specialized machine tools and gages by evaluating design concepts, initiating full orders, justifying expenditures and submitting capital appropriation requests.
Coordinate all engineering releases and changes relative to routings, setting standards, data entry, and follow-up with quality control in mind to meet customer requirements.
Implement changes and improvements in machine tooling, gaging, and inspection methods to produce a higher quality product.
Analyze machining problems and provide solutions to improve processing methods, i.e., cost reduction, scrap reduction and productivity enhancements.
Determine process capabilities and identify improvement opportunities. Develop and implement Poka-Yoke (error proofing) methodology throughout the facility. Apply the lean manufacturing tools as described in the Eaton Lean System.
Provide technical assistance and aid in the training and development of new equipment.
Lead Kaizen (improvement) and cost reduction activities and projects.
Support tool Kaizen improvements to reduce equipment cycle time and maintenance costs.
Evaluate the performance and knowledge of machine technicians in the cell technician certification program.
Participate in design review of product drawing, making suggested changes when needed.
Act as a technical resource. Train and develop lower level engineers.
Lead/participate in Lean & Six Sigma initiatives.
Understand and drive the implementation of all appropriate elements of the Eaton Business System.
Administer PFMEAs, Control plans, and document control.
Lead New Product Development projects using PROLaunch
Recommend DMR disposition and rework procedures.
Create control plans using CAD software.
Assist Supervisors in areas of responsibility in training new employees.
Engineer will also assist maintenance team in all tool and equipment related improvements.
Provide necessary interdepartmental communication between Engineering, Production, Production Control, and others to accomplish assigned goals and objectives.
Perform other related duties and responsibilities as may be necessary or requested.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from an accredited institution (Mechanical / Industrial Engineering degree Preferred)
- Experience in a Manufacturing Engineering environment required
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- Relocation benefits offered within the United States only
- Knowledge of hydraulics, electronics, coolants, lubricants, inspection and quality requirements.
- Must fully understand the cell certification program and procedures relating to engineering’s participation in the process.
- Advanced knowledge of machine speeds and feeds, metal properties, and high precision tolerances.
- Very good PC familiarity to include one or more state-of-the-art CAD/CAM packages.
- Demonstrated ability to be self-directed and an effective leader of multi-functional teams comprised of people from all levels within the organization.
- Knowledge of Six Sigma and LEAN manufacturing tools.
- Demonstrated knowledge and training in process work instructions, standardized work, OBC, error proofing.
- Knowledge of basics quality tools such as SPC, capability studies and gage R&R´s.
- Experience conducting multidisciplinary teams.
- Skills at interpreting mechanical drawings and expertise in use of CAD systems.
- Knowledge of machinery functions (hydraulic, electrical, mechanical operations).
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: HYD PMC Power Motion Control
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time