Eaton’s Power Distribution & Controls Assemblies Division is currently seeking an Engineering Manager to join our team! This position is based at our El Paso, TX facility.
The Customer Order Engineering (COE) Manager will be located in El Paso, TX and is responsible for directing the customer order engineering team for the LV Motor Control Center product line. In this role, you will manage the engineering resources associated with this effort, as well as contribute to the application engineering workload for key business orders. As a contributor this position is expected to provide applications engineering for product line support. This includes but is not limited to: custom order engineering designs, providing direction to application engineers and designers, and collaborating with direct customers/field sales.
From a strategic standpoint the position will interact directly with the product line’s customers, sales and marketing, customer order design and maintenance of line teams to actively support new product development projects, innovation initiatives and customer service. This position plans and leads the improvement of the customer order engineering systems and procedures for the LV Motor Control Center product line while attracting, developing and evaluating top talent for the organization.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
This is a unique opportunity to lead the effort to build a team from the ground up as operations in El Paso get started.
- You will provide technical leadership for the application, electrical and mechanical design in an engineered to order environment for Motor Control Center equipment.
- You will manage commitments and resources necessary to ensure compliance with customer service commitments regarding engineering team schedule, manufacturing needs and quality support.
- You will manage the productivity of the department by analyzing volume and accuracy by individual contributors and the collective team. Leverages the APEX process to communicate and manage required development plans and performance to goal.
- You will manage large projects to completion within deadlines with little or no supervision. Provides application and technical assistance to plant support functions, field sales, and customers as needed.
- You will drive improvements in engineering performance through continuous improvement of systems and processes.
- You will establish and identify COE (Customer Order Engineering) training needs based on current individual/team performance and product line strategic initiatives.
- You will manage the resolution of internal and external quality issues related to COE (Customer Order Engineering)
- You will assist the sales team in obtaining orders and supporting the solution development for unique/non-standard applications.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from an accredited institution
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in electrical controls design, assembly or installation
- External candidates must be legally authorized to work within the United States without company sponsorship
- Internal candidates (current Eaton employees) must currently work in the United States or Mexico
- Master’s Degree from accredited institution
- Previous engineering experience with Motor Control
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited institution
- Six Sigma Certification
- Advanced knowledge of manufacturing operations
- Previous experience managing others
- Professional Engineering license
- Project Management certificate
- Fluent in Spanish
- Extensive knowledge and technical expertise in ETO processes and engineering methods.
- Extensive knowledge of ANSI, IEEE, and NEMA Standards.
- Excellent Design Software (CAD) and engineering tool knowledge and skills
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: PDD PDAD Power Distribution Assemblies Division
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring region only
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time