Master Field Service Technician
Eaton’s Engineering Service & Systems division is currently seeking a Master Field Service technician. This position is located in City of Industry, CA
Eaton wants to help you fuel your career! Eaton has the largest and most experienced team of field services technicians and engineers in the industry. This team brings extensive skills and experiences to field service engineering. Active participation in recognized technical societies such as NFPA and IEEE and collaboration with a variety of utilities and industries ensures that our technicians are knowledgeable about today’s cutting edge technology and engineering techniques. We assist customers at every stage of the power system: offering start-up and commissioning of equipment, performing planned maintenance, monitoring performance, diagnosing system problems remotely, as well as responding to emergencies on a 24/7 basis, 365 days a year. Our support services help businesses make the most of their existing electrical equipment by optimizing performance and extending the life of existing facilities.
The Power Distribution Systems organization offers career opportunities at a variety of levels representing increased scope and responsibility within the organization.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will provide field service engineering and technical assistance to customers in areas of installation, testing, startup, maintenance, repair, training and modification of electrical power distribution equipment; self-manage assigned projects for electrical equipment; knowledge of electrical test and diagnostic equipment; deliver technical solutions to customers; performs less conventional complex engineering assignments that may involve equipment or product design, testing of materials, process studies, or research investigations
- You will need to be skilled proficiency in the following:
- Basic Test Equipment Operation
- Basic Troubleshooting Techniques
- Intermediate Test Equipment Operation
- Advanced Troubleshooting Technique
- Advanced Test Equipment Operation
- Basic Protective Relays
- Basic PQ Measurements
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we as individuals and as a company are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Associate’s degree and/or military experience required
- Minimum 5 years of experience evaluating and servicing electrical distribution or control systems
- Must possess and maintain a valid and unrestricted driver’s license
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- Relocation is not approved for this position, candidates must reside within a 50 miles radius of City of Industry, CA
- Experience in testing, troubleshooting, evaluating, and servicing electrical distribution and control systems is highly desirable.
- Experience performing power quality measurements, troubleshooting, and analysis is highly desirable.
- Experience in bus design, layout and fabrication
- Experience with protective relays is highly desirable.
- Electrical Contractor’s License
- Professional Engineering License
- General Contractor’s License
Success Position Criteria:
- Strong computer skills, Auto CAD desired
- Understanding of the company's and competitor's electrical, electronic and mechanical products and services.
- Knowledge and practice of safety precautions related to working with electrical and electronic equipment.
- Demonstrated ability to provide service and represent company interests in developing customer relationships to assure long-term customer satisfaction.
- Submit to periodic customer required background and drug screenings.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG EESSD Electrical Engrg Svcs Systems Div
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time