Engineering Master Technician
Eaton’s Aerospace Sector is currently seeking an Engineering Master Technician to join our team. This position is based at our Glenolden, PA facility.
Eaton an opening for an Engineering Master Technician. The Engineering Master Technician is responsible for supporting plant leadership in achieving business and financial goals by developing and maintaining robust manufacturing processes and leading continuous improvement / cost out initiatives across the organization. Additional responsibility includes executing the organization’s strategic plan consistent with federal, state, and local regulations, established industry standards, and customer requirements.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Develops and maintains robust, costs, efficient manufacturing processes and product structures consistent with lean manufacturing practices. Must be mindful of process and test capabilities and recognize organizational core competencies. Performs root cause and failure and analysis as required.
- Promotes a culture of continuous improvement and applies Lean manufacturing techniques as means to eliminate waste and deliver products to customer’s expectations.
- Implements methods and practices to reduce variation. Demonstrates ability to understand source(s) of variation and identify impact of tolerance stacks in assemblies. Understands application of SPC and gage R&R.
- Participates in concurrent engineering efforts and critical design reviews to minimize product development costs and maximize useful life of products. Conducts Design For Manufacturing and Value Engineering initiatives as applicable. Develops work breakdown structures as a tool to develop cost estimates.
- Participates in new product development projects using ProLaunch as a tool to articulate deliverables and a vehicle to commit to schedules.
- Acts as manufacturing liaison for products from inception through shipment to customer.
- Develops and integrates new processes and methodologies as to provide competitive advantages for the business. Assists in the composition of Capital Appropriation Requests (including payback and net present value analysis) for acquisition of equipment to support emerging and existing technologies. Trains associates as required.
- Assists leadership team and others in performing work load analysis and resources optimization.
- Extracts and manipulates data from ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) systems as needed.
- Manages projects and delivers same on timely basis.
- Generate prototypes for various product development stages as well as other scopes, i.e. failure investigation, production improvement, etc.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Minimum of a 2 year technical degree required
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a Manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of engineering design and product reliability concepts
- Note, certain duties performed by this role require this position to be subject to the guidelines of our Repair Station certificate and are subject to DOT drug testing.
- Must be a US person within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a US person as US citizen US Permanent Resident (Green Card Holder)Political Asylee or Refugee
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FED Fluid Electrical Distribution
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No