Eaton’s Aerospace Fuel Motion Control Systems Division is currently seeking a Senior Buyer. The Senior Buyer will be based out of our Euclid, OH facility.
The Senior Buyer will be responsible for supporting Eaton’s supply chain purchasing department through the effective procurement of a wide variety of direct material from domestic and global sources ensuring that quality, delivery, and specification requirements are met at the lowest possible total cost. In this role, you will take leadership of cost reduction projects, commercial negotiations, and implementation of sourcing strategies. Additionally, you will be expected to identify, improve, and implement business processes as well as provide leadership within the department and with the supply base. This position requires the ability to develop a competitive environment within the supply base and to make sourcing decisions based on total cost of ownership considerations.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will manage Purchase Price Variance (PPV) strategically by developing mitigation plans and strategies to provide a positive impact to overall results.
- You will initiate quoting activity, evaluate supplier proposals, and negotiate price and delivery based on total cost of ownership and ensuring strategic alignment with corporate and local goals and objectives.
- You will lead commercial negotiations with suppliers seeking mutually beneficial long-term relationships.
- You will participate in cross-functional teams chartered with improving supplier performance and executing corrective actions and drive continuous improvement through the supply base.
- You will work with the planning function to determine quantity and delivery requirements - communicates these requirements regularly and frequently to the supplier base and adjusts system delivery dates accordingly.
- You will lead by example in the tasks required to meet departmental requirements. Assist in the training and development of personnel within the department.
- You will act as a conduit between suppliers and Eaton personnel to resolve quality and / or technical issues as they arise.
- You will lead supplier management and development activities driving continuous improvement in Eaton’s metrics and APEX goals.
- You will research new sources of supply and performs tactical Supply Chain assessments of these sources, including the development of supplier selection criteria. Facilitate the implementation of goals and objectives between Corporate commodity management and the facility SCM team.
- You will leverage relationship to hold suppliers accountable to perform to Eaton’s expectations on delivery, quality and overall cost.
- You will maintain all records and correspondence relative to quotations, purchase orders, contracts, and agreements.
- You will proactively resolve supplier A/P issues.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
Minimum three (3) years of Supply Chain experience in manufacturing or operations.
This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Only candidates who reside within a 50 mile radius of the Euclid, OH facility will be considered for this position.
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship.
APICS and/or CPM certification preferred
Knowledge of institutional problem-solving tools/processes such as cycle time reduction and process improvement tools: Six Sigma DMAIC methodology, Kaizen, DOE, Pareto Charts, Statistical process control, Process mapping, Tree diagrams, Root cause analysis, Analytical software programs
Strong negotiation, problem solving, and interpersonal skills including a comprehensive understanding
Capable to Develop Value Stream Maps and Business Case Analyses
Demonstrated success in materials, purchasing, or customer support activities.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FMC Fuel Motion Control Systems
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time