Eaton’s Electrical Division is seeking a Divisional Manufacturing Strategy Manager located in our Peachtree City, GA facility.
Reporting to the VP of Manufacturing, this role is accountable for managing a wide variety of project initiatives by providing planning, operational expertise, and direction to the project, which will drive optimization in both manufacturing and operating costs. These actions are to result in the effective execution of improvement project activities to support the manufacturing and operational goals and objectives of the corporation.
- Analyze and make recommendations to address RWDD’s manufacturing strategy. This includes providing manufacturing engineering strategy, coaching and technical direction across the Division. Driving and building excellence in manufacturing core competencies. And setting in place highly efficient and productive processes in accordance with the Division’s needs.
- Set a strategic vision for capital management and investment through leveraging new or emerging technologies. This will include addressing capacity constraints related to footprint, equipment and the supply chain. In conjunction with the strategy for each mfg. site, define a proactive and effective equipment refurbishment plan, identify redundant capacity, and develop a tooling plan aligned to support current and future market needs, trends and business growth strategy
- Evaluate, recommend changes, and execute the Division’s Industry 4.0 strategy as a component of the overall strategy. Actively participate on the EPG Automation Council as well as the Additive Manufacturing Council.
- Build expertise in each site in core processes such as NPI, VAVE, CP, and CI. Drive cost reduction initiatives by leading and fostering manufacturing engineers to detect waste, improve quality and increase productivity through enhancements in process, method or technology. Promote a culture of continuous improvement within the ME function at each site.
- Evaluate current ME talent across the Division. Develop and increase technical knowledge to build organizational capability within the ME function. Facilitate training and development of personnel as required. Develop and nurture key engineering talent through mentoring, coaching and stretch assignments.
- Support and/or participate in ProLaunch projects. Provide counsel to other functions within the organization relative to production feasibility and process development.
- Reviews all capital equipment purchase recommendations for technical accuracy and cost justification. Perform the operational analysis, and in conjunction with the Division Finance Team, assist with the financial analysis for feasibility and financial return.
- Ensures the efficient integration of new processes and systems into the manufacturing operation
- Responsible for evaluating, planning and directing projects related to facility improvements for the RWDD Division.
- Support RWDD sites on implementing and/or maintaining maintenance management systems for critical production equipment.
- 7+ years’ experience in manufacturing products.
- Experience in Lean Manufacturing, six sigma, DOE, capability studies, process mapping, FMEA, and root cause analysis.
- ISO/QS-9000 or ISO/TS16949 certification experience preferable.
- Experience managing engineering or manufacturing functions and building organizational capability
An undergraduate degree is required. A Master’s Degree is preferred
Eaton recognizes this role as a critical position within the corporation and will create a compelling package consisting of a base salary and complete benefits
This position is based at our Peachtree City, GA facility
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG RWDD Residential Wiring Devices Div
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time