Eaton’s Electrical division has an opening for a Production Supervisor. The position is located at the Reno, NV Facility.
The Production Supervisor will provide leadership and direction for a work group within the plant. They will be responsible for performance with respect to safety & the environment, quality, on time delivery, cost for his/her respective area. They will be the first-line contact between production employees and the management staff and will be expected to represent the company when interacting with production employees on the shop floor.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours
- You will conduct Daily Visual Management stand-up meeting with all department personnel in area of responsibility focusing on safety, quality, delivery, cost/productivity, and inventory.
- You will utilize lean six sigma methodologies to reduce operational costs, inventory and lead-times as well as ensure alignment with long-term manufacturing strategies.
- You will develop and establish manufacturing priorities based on the production schedule and monitor employee work requirements to meet customer deadlines.
- You will enforce and implement safety policies and programs, meet operating budgets, complete continuous improvement plans, and coach employees on behavior/performance issues and initiate disciplinary actions if required.
- You will monitor control plans, troubleshoot workmanship problems and supervise production activities to ensure manufactured products meet or exceed established quality requirements.
- You will create the basis for continuous improvement and employee empowerment by ensuring that standardize work processes are followed and countermeasures are implemented where necessary.
- You will ensure that assigned personnel have appropriate training, work instruction and tools to successfully perform job.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution.
- Minimum 2 years of manufacturing experience
- Minimum 1 year of experience in supervision.
- No relocation benefit is offered for this position. Only candidates residing within 50 miles of Reno, NV will be considered for this position
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Operations, Engineering, or related field of study.
- Minimum 3 years of related experience including increasing responsibility and leadership of projects and teams of considerable size, scope and complexity in a manufacturing environment
- SAP business system experience.
- Foundational knowledge of lean principles and manufacturing processes.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Self-starter, able to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to lead cross-functional teams.
- Strong time management skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Able to handle multiple and conflicting priorities.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG BLD BLine Division
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No