Lead Application Engineer
Eaton’s Power Systems division is currently seeking a Lead Application Engineer to join our Overhead Switchgear team. This position is based at our South Milwaukee, WI facility.
This Lead Application Engineer is responsible for marketing and product/application support in assigned territories, helping to define and serve immediate customer requirements, identifying/analyzing opportunities for new product development, and promoting existing products through marketing activities to drive profitable product-line growth.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will assist in directing product promotional activities, identifying growth opportunities and driving activities to increase market share.
- You will work with field sales force in identifying new customer and application opportunities and specifying appropriate products, solutions, and innovations.
- You will assist in developing promotional material, sales tools, and promotional programs.
- You will serve as technical expert for the application of the product.
- You will maintain expertise in utility and commercial/industrial systems, equipment, and application.
- You will perform specification/application reviews to guide the Proposals team in preparing the larger or more complex quotations.
- You will conduct sales force training on new products and applications.
- You will attend industry meetings and assist in development of white papers.
- You will support field sales force in cultivating relationships with customers and understanding customer needs.
- You will meet with customers at factory to discuss product scope, issues, and innovation.
- You will tour customers through the factories as part of customer audits.
- You will support analysis and resolution of customer complaints.
- You will identify and analyze opportunities for product innovation.
- You will monitor industry trends, application trends, competitive products and new technology developments.
- You will assist with collecting VOC, developing product requirements, and preparing/presenting business cases where appropriate.
- You will participate as marketing representative in new product project teams.
- You will participate in developing long term strategies and marketing material for business reviews.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering from an accredited institution
Minimum 3 years’ experience in marketing or technical field
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited institution
Knowledge of electric power distribution switchgear, applications, systems and standards
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CPSD PRD Power Reliability Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time