Senior Aerospace Systems Engineer
Eaton Aerospace Group, Fuel and Motion Control Systems Division is seeking a Systems Engineer Specialist. This position is located in Fort Worth, TX.
The Systems Engineer Specialist is responsible for design and certification of Aerospace hydraulic systems. The individual will be responsible for architecture design and studies, requirements development and flow-down, system integration, and certification compliance. The position will coordinate across the Fuel & Motion Control Systems Division (FMC) Hydraulic sites to support these projects.
A successful candidate will need knowledge and have prior experience of Aerospace hydraulic and actuation systems and components be able to effectively communicate with internal and external customers, and lead system and sub-system level projects.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will provide technical leadership for a team of system and product engineers and provide technical leadership as part of the IPT to execute on programs.
- You will execute on systems engineering functional capabilities including: requirements development including flow-down and traceability; system architecture design and analysis; project engineering; control system design; system integration and verification; requirements compliance; certification compliance; functional competency aligned with the Eaton Industrial Sector Centers of Excellence for modeling and simulation, reliability, maintainability, safety, motors, electronics, firmware and software.
- You will lead proposal preparation and execution of technical proposal and engineering schedules and hour estimates to support the commercial response and prepare and review project related documentation to ensure completeness and quality.
- You will prepare presentations for Eaton leadership and representation at customer meetings as a technical expert. Highlight issues and manage customer requirements when necessary.
- You will develop standard processes, standards, and working instructions including the Eaton Aerospace Common Engineering Standards (ACES) and promote and use DFSS within the systems engineering function.
- You will work directly with internal and external customers, suppliers, project engineers, design engineers, test engineers, COE functional leads, program management, and other product team members to develop systems and products.
- You will develop tools, design methods, analysis and verification techniques to ensure efficient and accurate system architectures and predictions.
You will provide mentoring to systems and product engineers. When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we as individuals and as a company are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Basic Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Electrical, or Aerospace Engineering from an accredited university
- Minimum 7 years of system, product design, development, and/or production design problem resolution experience.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience on Aerospace hydraulic systems and/or electrical actuation systems
- Must be able to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- Master’s degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Aerospace, or Systems Engineering from an accredited university
- 15 years of technical leadership in aerospace hydraulic and/or actuation systems
- Design for Six Sigma or Six-Sigma (DMAIC) Greenbelt
- Experience with the following:
- Requirements development including product flow-down and traceability
- System architecture design and analysis
- Project engineering
- Control system design
- System integration and verification
- Requirements compliance
- Certification compliance – SAE ARP 4754A
- Product design and certification aligned with hydraulic and/or electrical actuation components
Success Position Criteria:
- Ability to demonstrated technical leadership skills working with a cross-functional team
- Ability to demonstrate strong communication and collaboration with internal and external customers
- Ability to demonstrate high level of creativity and strategic thinking
- Ability to act as a self-starter
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FMC Fuel Motion Control Systems
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time