Eaton‘s Aerospace Division in Gilching has an opening for a:
Customer Service Manager (m/f/d)
Location: Gilching, Germany
Would you like to make a difference to the environment? Do you want to work for a global and ethical company? Join us and help us provide energy-efficient solutions that make a real impact. We make what matters work. Find out more watching this video .
As a Customer Service Manager you will manage the overall performance of the Customer Service team in Gilching. You will set and achieve goals and objectives consistent with plant, division and Aerospace strategic initiatives. We also expect You to coach and enable team members to drive Customer Service initiatives that maximize customer satisfaction, increase sales, reduce cycle time and costs and improve quality and delivery aspects.
You will lead team of 5 Customer Service Representatives and will report to the Head of Contracts and Customer Service EMEA.
- Effectively manage, plan, assign and coordinate all aspects of the customer service team in Gilching including: customer forecast, contract and purchase order review, order entry and administration, pricing, intake analysis and customer account management
- Champion of Eaton Aerospace’s World Class Customer Support & Services Leading Indicator program for the Gilching customer service team
- Recommend staff actions including selection, performance management actions, conduct performance appraisals, robust development plans, training and manage employee schedules to ensure maximum employee engagement and productivity
- Coordinate market analysis and commercial efforts teaming with Commercial team, Product Managers, Sales and others, support in new platform opportunities, win/loss analysis of new projects in order to increase sales intake and ensure maximum intake forecast accuracy supporting the SIOP (Sales Inventory Operations Planning) process
- Coordinate with customers and internal export control to achieve with export regulation compliance, both related to German BAFA and US-ITAR requirements
- Support and engage with the plant to achieve operational goals including on-time delivery, DPPM, safety, CONC, DOH, DSO etc.
- Utilize analytical problem-solving skills and lean tools such as standardized work, value stream maps, 8D, root cause analysis to drive changes and continuous improvement throughout the organization
- Develop goals for the team that support the plant, division, function and customer
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university in Business Administration and Marketing or related field required
- Minimum of 5 years of work experience
- Minimum of 2 years of leadership experience
- Fluent German and English knowledge in speaking and writing
- Strong leadership and coaching skills. The ability to build and sustain a highly effective team
- Excellent interpersonal skills, continuous improvement and problem-solving skills
- Ability to develop and communicate a sense of urgency to meet team goals and customer needs; especially in a large matrix organization across multiple time zones and continents
- Strong teaming skills; ability to leverage resources; creativity
- Strong knowledge of the BOS process
- Good understanding of the Aerospace market
- Experience in MRP systems
- Great promotional opportunities – We encourage internal promotion, whenever possible
- Culture & Values – We are more than the products we invent and produce – the way we do business is just as important. At Eaton, our values and culture define who we are – both individually and as an organization – and direct our activities every day
- Inclusion & Diversity - Openness to diversity widens our access to the best talent. Inclusion allows us to engage that talent fully
Eaton is a power management company with 2018 sales of $21.6 billion. We provide energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton is dedicated to improving the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. Eaton has approximately 99,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: AER FED Fluid Electrical Distribution
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time