Lead Power Engineer
Eaton’s Power Quality Division is currently seeking a Lead Power Engineer – Low and Medium Voltage for the Power Factor Correction Business. This position is based at our Arden, NC facility.
The Lead Power Engineer has primary design responsibility for
both the Low Voltage and Medium Voltage Power Factor Correction product lines.
In this role you will plan, coordinate, lead and influence the activities of
the team as well drives safety, quality, delivery, cost and efficiency goals
across the plant.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will champion accurate interpretation of purchaser specifications, assess their existing power system, and develop the appropriate power factor correction and harmonic filter product configuration.
- You will lead all customer order engineering activities, translating information into drawings and bills-of-material for manufacturing and purchasing.
- You will consult with customers in resolving start-up or operational issues with equipment as challenges arise.
- You will evaluate alternative design solutions to meet product development requirements factoring in performance, cost and schedule.
- You will participate as team member in development projects while meeting schedule, cost and product performance goals.
- You will write technical specifications for new components (e.g. reactors).
- You will support technical analysis to Marketing and Quotation Team.
- You will provide technical expertise to resolve customer support issues such as a warranty claims and initial quote design issues.
- You will demonstrate leadership by facilitating safety in the test area and with test equipment.
- You will interface with factory, engineering techs, and purchasing and foster an environment that promotes Eaton’s goals, philosophies, and encourages continuous improvement.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited educational institution
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working as a power engineer (either design, application or consulting)
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without out company sponsorship, now or in the future.
- Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited educational institution
- Minimum of 2 years of experience working as a power engineer (either design, application or consulting)
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering
- Professional Engineering license
- Previous manufacturing or operations experience
- Six Sigma experience/certification
- Familiarity with harmonic analysis software
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and AutoCAD
- Solid foundation in Power Systems Engineering
- Advanced knowledge of advanced control theory
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge of fundamentals of electrical power engineering
- Demonstrated ability to build trust and credibility, provide ongoing coaching and feedback,manage through conflict, and strive for continuous improvement
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge of manufacturing processes and systems and engineering processes.
- Ability to effectively interface and communicate with customers, sales staff, consultants, and contractors to support requirements – both verbally and in writing
- Ability to work with a sense of urgency
- Ability to self-motivate and self-manage, work autonomously and in team oriented environment
- Ability to be proactive, attentive to detail, task oriented, and able to overcome obstacles to meet schedule requirements
- Ability to demonstrate creativity and innovation leadership, is able to come up with new and unique ideas
- Ability to demonstrate problem solving using logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions
- Ability to demonstrate process management and figure out processes necessary to get things done
- Ability to demonstrate technical learning and can learn new skills, knowledge, industry, product or technical knowledge
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PQD OPS Operations
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time