Eaton’s Vehicles Division is currently seeking a Quality Engineer to join our team. This position is based at our Aguascalientes’ site.
The primary function of this position is to plan, coordinate and lead activities associated with sustaining the quality management system for the Vehicle Group North America region. They will ensure that the quality management systems meet the multiple requirements of ISO/IATF-16949, EQMS, Vehicle Group procedures and EBE by designing and simplifying processes to meet all requirements simultaneously
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
Some activities related with the position will be:
- Coordinates the corrective action system (Enovia-CAPA) for the facility, internal & external NCM/audit/findings, including administrative training and metric monitoring.
- Maintains (updates) corporate quality directed systems including the Corporate QMS Recertification site (ISO-IATF certificates) and corporate EQMS consolidation activities.
- Maintenance (updates) and administrator of local documentation and procedures.
- Actively support the facility in regional IT solutions (i.e. UCM) for document control, procedures, document and information search, etc. including training and execution.
- Supports and coordinates the efforts and execution of the Fresh Eyes Audit (FEA), 3rd party audits, and internal audit process (FEA, CQI, product/process) including maintaining audits records as evidence and the competency pool of internal quality auditors. Support the Fresh Eyes Audit process by becoming a certified internal auditor and becoming a regional asset for fresh eyes audits and launch readiness reviews in Mexico.
- Actively participates in cross-functional regional quality teams and QMS initiatives to assist in driving quality improvements, process improvements, business system enhancements and process standardization. Support the training of QMS initiatives and activities in Mexico. Become a lead-trainer asset for the Mexico facilities.
- Active participation in the Quality Summits and QMS Coordinator meetings.
- Participate as a Quality Management System (QMS) Fresh Eyes auditor each year
- Support the development, analysis, and implementation of data feedback systems required to effectively evaluate the local Quality Management System.
- Ensure QMS and Knowledge Management systems meet the multiple requirements of ISO/IATF-16949, EQMS, MESH, OpA and EBE by designing and simplifying processes to meet all requirements simultaneously.
- Support core tool deployments and quality training
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- BS or BA Degree
- Bi-lingual (Spanish and English)
- 3+ Years Quality process knowledge
- Presentation and facilitation knowledge
- Self-Motivated individual who is organized and capable of collaborating with various stakeholders to achieve assigned projects and tasks
- Understanding of AIAG tools, auditing, statistical tools, and analysis
- Problem Solving
- Process Failure Mode Effects Analysis (PFMEA)
- Process Capability
- Control Plans
- Gage Plans
- Automotive Industry Action Group (AIAG) Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) requirements
- Statistical Process Control (SPC)
- American Society for Quality (ASQ) Certified Quality Engineer
- Six Sigma Green or Black Belt Certification
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Latin America
Organization: VEH Vehicle Group
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time