Field Service Project Manager
Eaton’s Electrical Engineering Services & Systems division is currently seeking a Field Service Project Manager. This position will be based in our Chandler, Arizona or Phoenix, AZ facility.
Eaton’s Engineering Service & Systems (EESS) division wants to help you fuel your career! Eaton has the largest and most experienced team of field service technicians and engineers in the industry. This team brings extensive skills and experiences to field service engineering. Active participation in recognized technical societies such as NFPA and IEEE and collaboration with a variety of utilities and industries ensures that our technicians are knowledgeable about today’s cutting-edge technology and engineering techniques. We assist customers at every stage of the power system: offering start-up and commissioning of equipment, performing planned maintenance, monitoring performance, diagnosing system problems remotely, as well as responding to emergencies on a 24/7 basis, 365 days a year. Our support services help businesses make the most of their existing electrical equipment by optimizing performance and extending the life of existing facilities.
EESS provides a unique capability when you are faced with a major capital project or expansion of your electrical power system. Our division organization, with technical and professional experts on utility and industrial power systems, provides a vast resource from which to draw on in staffing your project. Years of division experience as an electrical equipment manufacturer and engineering service provider in industrial and utility plant environments uniquely qualifies EESS to handle turnkey projects where it is imperative to provide an efficient cost-effective installation while meeting or exceeding design requirements.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Use of modern project management tools and techniques to execute projects related to the engineering, procurement, and construction of electrical utility power system modifications and upgrades.
- Lead modernization projects related to utility electrical power transmission and distribution.
- Deliver projects with a high degree of professionalism and safety, using his/her knowledge of utility power distribution equipment, power system engineering, substation design, and construction safety.
- You will have full responsibility for his/her assigned projects and authority to complete them from inception to scope development, planning, execution, management of people and resources.
- You will have the discipline to create clear and achievable cost, quality, and schedule objectives and follow these objectives through to successful completion.
- Provide technical leadership to the district sales & service teams.
- Manage and direct a team on awarded projects for electrical equipment, including working knowledge of electrical substation analysis, design & installation. Equipment includes: transformers, voltage regulators, capacitors, power circuit breakers, SF6 gas circuit breakers, metal-clad and enclosed switchgear, protective relaying, power cable and general substation construction.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited Institution
- Minimum of 3 years of experience managing electrical projects or field service
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- Only candidates currently residing within 50 miles of Chandler/Phoenix, Arizona will be considered
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited Institution
- Experience in electrical utilities industry
- Experience with substations, power systems upgrades, protection & control
- PMP Certification
- Possess and maintain a valid and unrestricted driver’s license
- Ability to travel within the US and outside of the US without restrictions
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG EESSD Electrical Engrg Svcs Systems Div
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time