Continuous Improvement Coordinator
Eaton’s Fluid Conveyance Division is currently seeking a Middlesex, NC to join our team. This position will be located at our Middlesex, NC facility.
The Continuous Improvement Specialist will report directly to the Manufacturing Manager and will be responsible for leading and deployment of the continuous improvement tools and processes of the Eaton Business System, including Continuous Improvement Framework (CIF) and Eaton Lean Six Sigma (ELSS) in support of overall plant objectives.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will develop strategic plans for the plant to drive a learning culture and implement lean tools and processes, including gap analysis to current state.
- You will partner with Operations and Support Functions to develop plans to identify and address current and future obstacles through use of Lean & CI tools. Guide Continuous Improvement Framework deployment (Visual Controls, Process Standardization, Standard Work, GEMBA Walks, Manning Strategy, Daily Accountability, Process Checks and CI for all).
- You will lead lean manufacturing initiatives (Shop Floor and Variation Reduction Kaizens, VSM, Continuous Flow, Standardization 5S, Error Proofing, Eliminating Waste, TPM, Pull System, etc.) to enhance the overall effectiveness of manufacturing operations and achieve operational excellence. Coordinate and drive structured closure process on follow-up activities.
- You will support and coordinate CI planning and assessment activities including EBS Pull, Operations Assessment (OpA) and Eaton Business Excellence (EBE) assessment and improvement activities.
- You will coordinate the audit/assessment process for ELS and performs audits to assess ELS implementation throughout the plant
- You will lead or facilitate projects or events such as Implements effective measurement tools associated with continuous improvement and cost out.
- You will lead the identification of cost-out ideas and implementation of the ideas
- You will act as expert in lean manufacturing system including training, planning and implementation of tools
- You will be responsible for the implementation and deployment of actions to ensure compliance with ISO and OSHA regulations, and all Federal, State and Local laws as they apply to their areas of responsibility.
- You will drive core functional excellence in implementing: Eaton Business System, Lean Six Sigma and other world-class operation management techniques.
- You will participate and provide support to various cross-functional teams.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Required (Basic) Qualifications
Bachelor’s Degree from and accredited institution.
Minimum of two (2) years in a manufacturing environment.
Minimum of one (1) year of experience in deploying Lean Manufacturing in a plant environment
Must be authorized to work in The United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
Bachelor’s Degree in an engineering discipline from an accredited institution.
Experience in a high mix/low volume manufacturing environment.
Minimum of three (3) years of experience working with Lean Manufacturing techniques and tools.
Lean Certification (Green, Yellow, or Black Belt)
Experience with working with
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Operational Excellence
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: HYD FCV Fluid Conveyance Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time