Outside Sales Engineer
Eaton’s North America Sales division is currently seeking an Outside Sales Engineer to join our team. This position is based at our Hanover, MD facility.
The Outside Sales Engineer is responsible for selling assigned product lines to targeted customers in targeted market areas under little supervision. In this role, you will optimize sales volume, product mix and profit margin, while increasing sales in the marketplace.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will manage all aspects of the customer relationship, providing sales and technical assistance with distributors, customers, end users, and specifiers
- You will provide sales and technical assistance with distributors, contractors, end users and Electrical Group personnel
- You will provide timely and accurate information for order entry, while elevating quality issues to attention of management, and ensuring that accurate information flows to market intelligence data on competitive products, customer needs preference and buying habits
- You will review and interpret customer needs on plans and specifications
- You will support distributor inventories and inventory turns by recommending specific products and levels to be stocked; and provide necessary reports and surveys requested in a timely manner
- You will provide facility timely solutions to customer issues by utilizing available resources or creating procedure for resolution; You will plan promotional events and presentations with distributor personnel to promote Eaton’s position, while developing a proven record of achieving assigned sales goals
- You will prepare and present bids and quotations to customers using company price and delivery guidelines while using sound business judgment.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum one (1) year of experience within the electrical industry
- Legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship
- Possess and maintain a valid and unrestricted driver’s license
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering.
- Time management, presentation, and planning skills
- Possesses an understanding of the sales process using sales techniques as evidenced by good customer relationships
- Demonstrated and understanding of market trends, industry issues and knowledge of competitors
- Effective interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Ability to leverage support personnel to meet customer and organizational needs.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: NAS North American Sales
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time