Customer Support/OPEX Co-op
Eaton located in Eden Prairie, MN has a position opening for a Customer Support/OPEX Co-op in Hydraulics Americas Group.
We make what matters work.
At Eaton, we believe that power, whether it’s electrical, hydraulic or mechanical power -- is a fundamental part of people’s lives. Technology, transportation, energy and infrastructure—these are things the world relies on every day. That’s why we are dedicated to helping our customers across the world find new ways to manage power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. And we’re committed to improving people’s lives, the communities where we live and work, and the planet our future generations will depend on. Because that’s what really matters–and we’re here to make sure it works.
While our vision is to improve the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services, our culture and what we value can be represented in six essential leadership attributes expected of all Eaton employees.
- We’re ethical -- we play by the rules and act with integrity.
- We’re passionate -- we care deeply about what we do. We set high expectations and we perform.
- We’re accountable -- we seek responsibility and take ownership. We do what we say.
- We’re efficient -- we value speed and simplicity.
- We’re transparent -- we say what we think. We make it okay to disagree.
- We learn – we are curious, adaptable, and willing to teach what we know.
At Eaton, we’re committed to “Doing Business Right” and that’s not just a slogan. It’s an unwavering commitment to the highest ethical practices and standards of behavior. It’s how we conduct ourselves in interactions with each other, our customers and our business partners. It is how we support our communities, respect the environment, and it’s a reflection of our long-standing core values and beliefs about people. If you’re ready to do something that matters, and to be encouraged and rewarded for doing it, then Eaton is the place for you.
We are seeking a Customer Support/OPEX Co-op to provide support to Operational Excellence lead for the Hydraulics Customer Support team to help provide world class customer service that is a competitive weapon and contributes to the growth of the business. Executes strategic Customer Support objectives and department goals. Drives a continuous improvement culture throughout the organization.
- Creates/Updates Customer Support Training documentation. Updates training record forms, ensures 30/60/90 day follow up. Assists in creation of standardized work.
- Assists with unconfirmed reports and works with CSR’s & key functions to drive to root causes to reduce the volume of occurrences.
- Develops, tracks & reports C360 analytics to drive improved response times to customer inquiries.
- Develops MS Office training (Excel, Word, Outlook, Power Point, Access)
- Identifies manual order entry customers and works with team to convert them to MyEaton or EDI.
- Documents the customer set up process including MyEaton set ups. Creates training for internal and external customers as well as manage the My Eaton support box.
- Works with Sales and Marketing Center (Pune) to ensure alignment with on-boarding programs to ensure success in the CSR role.
- Supports the maintenance of the Customer Support Department SharePoint site.
- Develop action plans for Customer Satisfaction Survey focusing on areas of opportunities.
- Helps with the consolidation of phone stats/reports.
- Fosters an environment which promotes Eaton’s goals and philosophy, encourages continuous improvement and helps improve customer experience.
Actively enrolled in a bachelor’s degree program from an accredited institution.
Minimum overall GPA of 2.8 or higher (Career or in-major GPA will not be considered).
Minimum of one year of collegiate courses completed or equivalent by the start of the internship.
- Ability to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
This position does not offer relocation. The candidate must reside within 50 miles of Eden Prairie, MN.
This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ‘Green Card Holder’), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: HYD Hydraulics Group
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time